Options

Last Shot Before the Rain

Matt TilghmanMatt Tilghman Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited September 12, 2016 in Landscapes
Whiskey-Creek-Rain.jpg
Last Shot Before the Rain

This is a photograph of Whiskey Creek, in Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park, Florida. I set out to explore the mangroves once I thought that the storms had finished for the day, but it soon became clear that there was one last storm in store. I listened to it get closer and closer, until the approaching thunder told me it was finally time to pack up and get out of the water. I then proceeded to do something I do far too often: convince myself it's time to go, pack up my gear, only to unpack it twenty feet later for that one last shot. I think this probably happens to most photographers, because the changing light from the nearing storm creates new scenes that weren't there on the way in. This was one such scene, with the ominous clouds reflecting in the water, which itself was starting to get restless from the increasing drops of rainfall.
check out my photos and photoshop blog: www.MattTilghman.com

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2016
    Great shot, Matt thumb.gif. As a youth, I spent a lot of time in environments like that. My two cousins and I used to fly down waters just like that, wide-ass open in our airboats. We're lucky nothing bad ever happened.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2016
    Nice. Serene. I like the composition. The reflected clouds appear a little blown on my monitor.

best,
    -Len
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2016
    Nice shot. I find it hard to leave sometimes, too.