Photography & supraspinatus how life can change

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grinsWisbech UKPosts: 0 Big grins
edited September 14, 2016 in Wildlife
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2016
    Sorry to hear about the health issues and how they affect your photography.

Some suggestions that - depending on your circumstances / environment - might help?

Re 'holding' the cam for shots - such as the one posted here - don't - support it in some way.
    Yes, I read the bit about lugging (extra) weight eg tripods (waste of time imo for low (water) level shots anyway) ... whilst there's no way you'd be able to lug something like my water level turntable around, I've recently added another bit of kit to my gear - a glass platen from a microwave.

I wriggle this down into the shoreline, add a beanbag (£1 shop neoprene tablet sleeve + birdseed) and lay the cam on it. The interface between the glass and beanbag offers pretty smooth panning imo, as well as letting you get down low for waterfowl type shots.

If you regularly visit a local venue, find a place where you can leave this gear - in the bushes or something, so's you don't have to lug it around?
    (One place worth checking for getting such an item would be a council tip / recycling centre ... )

Even though I'm fortunate enough to not have any such health issues, there's absolutely no way I could hand hold my gear (at water level) and effectively track moving subjects.

As regards carrying stuff - rather than use a backpack / rucksack / shoulder bag etc, is something you can pull a practical proposition?
    I don't mean something like a standard 2 wheel shopping trolley, because these have the wheel / load in the wrong positions ... but a balanced rig that removes the 'lift-up' load?

As regards coots diving - I'm assuming you've identified the 'pre-dive twitch / tell' - 'cos it's obviously too late to fire once it's started its dive ... even @ 10fps :)

pp
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grins Wisbech UKPosts: 0 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2016
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2016
    It might be time to look at an All-in-one camera like the Sony RX10MIII.
    A lot lighter, 25-600mm, 20mp, and up to 14 frames per second.
    Check some reviews, this may be something to keep you outside enjoying wildlife.

A few of my shots with the Sony.

27391341743_1e9624dcda_b.jpg

27445403343_e101c6da6b_b.jpg

27725214600_fb2e014409_b.jpg
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grins Wisbech UKPosts: 0 Big grins
    edited September 14, 2016