Options

Portable Monitors

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited October 7, 2016 in Digital Darkroom
I've been thinking about replacing my laptop and to get something with better performance I'd be spending over 1,000 dollars (I currently an i7-2670QM, 8GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HD) but the downside is that its' monitor is a 720P screen with iffy color/contrast which is a real pain for photo editing. Basically I get my work 90% of the way there on this thing and then do tweaks on my computer.

So I looked at a Wacom Clintiq and I'm seriously thinking about the 13" model but if I don't go for that I saw a few 13-15" models from ASUS and GeChic which I never heard of before but could be good solutions to make this one a bit more practical. Has anyone had experiences with these? Or knows of another brand/model I should check out? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kreygscottkreygscott Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 1, 2016
    Have you considered getting a MacBook Pro?
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2016
    kreygscott wrote: »
    Have you considered getting a MacBook Pro?

To get one with specs above my laptop it would be 2k, and to make it a noticeable upgrade would be close to 3k.

Even on the PC side I'd be out 1-2k which is more than I'd like to spend right now so this is a stop gap/to add productivity for my next laptop.