Options

Got me a 5DSR

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited October 4, 2016 in Cameras
50mp is astonishing. A pixel peeper's dream. Diving into the images feels like looking at a "Where's Waldo?" page. Here's a couple shots from yesterday. Nothing special, just testing with my 50/1.8STM:

i-5K3CM5P-X3.jpg

FULL RES:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/5DSR/n-GjMvpv/i-5K3CM5P/0/O/i-5K3CM5P.jpg

i-PvzGQ7r-X3.jpg

FULL RES:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/5DSR/n-GjMvpv/i-PvzGQ7r/0/O/i-PvzGQ7r.jpg

I think the purchase was meant to be, because last night I was blessed with this sunset: (16-35/4L IS)
1Y6A0433-1-X3.jpg

I'm glad I went this way, rather than to the 5D4. That would have been a nice increment, but this is a quantum leap. If I was obsessed with DR I might have gone to the 5D4. I will probably shoot mostly in MRAW (28mp) but it's nice to have 50mp on tap for big scapes and big prints.
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,799 moderator
    edited September 15, 2016
    Wonderful about the new camera purchase, and that susnset is gorgeous. thumb.gifclap

I do wonder how many other DGrinners have this particular body? (I seem to recall at least one other?)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Wonderful about the new camera purchase, and that susnset is gorgeous. thumb.gifclap

I do wonder how many other DGrinners have this particular body? (I seem to recall at least one other?)

Thanks! I just missed Nikolai selling his, to get a 5D4. So I got mine from Canon refurb.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    Congrats on the new cam. Pics look great. thumb.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    Looks like fun! Congrats on the new body!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Jack

• Options
    macwestmacwest Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2016
    [IMG][/img]28948139024_334c6ae2ba_o.jpg3L9A4033_DxO by Mac West, on FlickrI love mine great camera. Mac
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2016
    nice but (for me) I don't need the extra megapixels
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2016
    Nice one Mac. Brett, I hear you, it's not for everyone, but you might find yourself changing your tune when you get a 4K monitor. I wish I could be in the room when certain people start working with a 4K (or more) display, and all the piddly little things they were obsessing over simply disappear. They will have to view their pics at 200% or more in order to see them. Hopefully then they will realize how ridiculous they were being. I don't have a 4K monitor yet but I have always tried to be realistic about the dpi of my pictures' intended final use. I have some big prints in mind so it's nice to have the pixels when I want them.

Plus, when you downsize a 5DSR image to 75% or 50%, it takes on a "Foveon-esque" crispness. e.g.: https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/5DSR/n-GjMvpv/i-dhc9pKK/0/O/i-dhc9pKK.jpg
    -Jack

• Options
    edited October 4, 2016
    -Jack