Want to do a BIG reset to web site

TallPhotoGuyTallPhotoGuy Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
edited September 30, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Over the years I have done a bunch of customization, a lot of it specific to a folder and galleries. It too much work to try and maintain multiple websites under one Smugmug domain.

What is the easiest way to reset my site and go to one design and any customization is site wide

Comments

• mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2016
    If you click customize>choose a new site design, that essentially starts over. Your hierarchy will remain intact but any customization you did using other designs will be saved under that design. You can switch back at any time.
    Not sure what you mean by 'multiple websites under one SmugMug domain'.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    mrneutron wrote: »
    If you click customize>choose a new site design, that essentially starts over.
    Does that reset only the theme?

I assume that CSS content blocks placed elsewhere on the site remain in place, is that assumption correct?

--- Denise
    I just tried it on my test site and choosing a new design does not keep css content blocks from other designs.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    mrneutron wrote: »
    I just tried it on my test site and choosing a new design does not keep css content blocks from other designs.
    Thanks Andy!

--- Denise
  • TallPhotoGuyTallPhotoGuy Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    My site is non commercial, strictly family, friends and sports. The sports side were teams our kids played on. I would customize those, typically changing the colors to match the team colors. Every rtime I added a gallery I would have to customize hit. Hence the reference to multiple logical web sites under one domain. I think I want to remove all of that have one theme for the whole site and all CCS code is site wide. That way I can add a new gallery and be done in 3 mins. Hence how do I apply a new theme to 100% of my site, over riding any customization
    edited September 30, 2016
    how do I apply a new theme to 100% of my site, over riding any customization
    Click customize>choose a new site design. Select a new design and publish it.
    Then you can make site wide changes.
    The customizations from the other designs you've saved won't be applied.
    You can switch back to any saved design as long as you don't delete it
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com