Options

More mountains!!!

Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited October 3, 2016 in Landscapes
This is the other shot I took last week after the sunrise shoot. I'm really happy with this shot, even though my fans on facebook haven't liked it much. I'm quite obsessed with making my mountains loom large, and when viewed on a large PC screen, to me, it seems like a massive drop, which it is! Usually however, mountains don't seem to keep their grandeur when photographed. But to me atleast, I think I've managed it with this shot. Just need to work out why it works now!

Would love to know everyone's opinions? Or am I still the only one who likes it?! lol
DSC_4228-Pano-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2016
    Great mood and light!
    My own preference would have been to not keep the bottom edge and have tad more up top! Cheers Carl!
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    I like it a lot. The sky, the light, the mountains and valley really pull together here. I like the way the grass in the foreground frames the closer hill. I wish the shot was a little wider though as it seems a bit claustrophobic to me.
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    Great color and composition. Nice contrast of mountains and grass.

best,
    -Len
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2016
    Thanks everyone! Constructive comments as always. I need to pull back abit, been framing too tight recently, particularly with stitched images, which this is also. I like the feeling of height with this one though, not something I can usually capture. I'm not entirely sure why this works and my other similar images don't. I think it's because the valley floor is illuminated and the mountains are not. Still, something to work with!

Cheers,
    Carl