Options

Photo size dilemma

LimpopoboyLimpopoboy Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited October 7, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Guys

Arrow theme is my theme of choice, I want to rotate say 6 pictures on the homepage. I have chosen to exhibit my galleries as L (large) without watermarks to maximise viewer experience (no watermark) and minimise photo theft. (what size do others set?)

However, now when I go to customise the homepage - pick the photographs in 'background > photo / choose and due to the L size chosen (resolution) in my galleries previously the display on my Ultra-wide 21:9 2560 x 1080 resolution LED display is awful.

If I choose 2x or 3x larger would it be better on the display? but wanted to avoid this larger size for the reasons above.

Any ideas? to get acceptable displays resolution across multiple screens... Should the site adjust to the screen resolution?

Or

Is their a better way to set the whole thing up? With a separate gallery, Which would need to be hidden somehow maybe unlisted is that safe? Which I know is not really possible if I need to display pictures

Ok hope you understand what it is

Regards

Limpopoboy

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited October 7, 2016
    Changing the max display size to X2Large or X3Large would give you photos that display well on a large monitor - and I think you need to assume that a fair number of visitors will be using that type of monitor. You could use an unlisted gallery for the photos shown on your home page.

While I understand your desire to protect your photos I think you need to weigh the display size against whether visitors to your site will stay and enjoy your photos. A display size of Large is pretty small. I usually go away pretty quickly when that is the largest size available to enjoy. Do you know the behavior of your target audience?

--- Denise