Options

App link for folder not working?

rhyserrhyser Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 10, 2016 in SmugMug Support
According to the support article: "Want to share your entire site, a page, or a folder instead? You can alter any URL on your SmugMug site to be a downloadable app link! Just add “?mobile” to the end of any URL on your SmugMug site to make it an app link."

I can't get this to work for a folder. The app installs but it is requiring a login. Folder security is set to "anyone with a link". Looking at the gallery example, I also tried adding "?mobile=true", but that didn't work either.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    herojosieherojosie Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2016
    Hi,

When a folder is unlisted, then all of the galleries within it inherit that unlisted setting as well.

That means, any content that is unlisted will have to be linked to individually. So while the link you provided will send them to the folder, the galleries are still hidden because they are also unlisted.

There are a couple of workarounds though for this. First, you could mark everything, folder as well, as public yet still password protect it.

Then, you could share the link right to the folder and the galleries would show up as expected but only those with the actual password could access that content.

The other option would be to set up a sharegroup. That is something that will allow you to share many unlisted galleries at once.

Here is some information about that:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/93261-can-i-share-multiple-unlisted-galleries-with-one-link-?b_id=1644

If that doesn't quite cover the issue, you can also email us directly at help@smugmug.com with the link you are referring to though and we can take a closer look into this for you.
    Thanks,
    Josie
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    rhyserrhyser Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 10, 2016
    Thanks Josie. That's clear and makes perfect sense.

I did wind up using a sharegroup to get the photos out to people. I'll also try the password approach and see which approach seems easier. It seems like it would be a little bit less work for me to use the public option with password protection, since I tend to group galleries into an event folder and want to distribute the event to friends and family. But it might be more of a hassle for friends and family to find a password several months after the fact.

Your help is much appreciated.

- Reese