Options

Not All Galleries Showing in Folders

FawkesguyFawkesguy Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
edited October 11, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

Brand new SmugMug customer here. Just signed up a few days ago and I''ve uploaded over 50,000 photos (about 200+gb) using pickbackman. I've got a weird issue that for the life of me, I just can't seem to figure out on my own. My site is VERY simple. It is simply a repository for family photos. I have a folder for each year, and multiple galleries within each folder. That's it. My issue is that when I am logged out, I don't see the complete list of galleries within each folder. All settings were set using "all galleries within folder' and I've verified that the settings have propagated correctly to each folder. But no matter what I do, I can't see all the galleries listed when logged out.

I have one content block on my homepage - "folders". For the "select from" option, I've tried both "current location" and "top level folders". Makes no difference. I've also verified that I can view the "missing" galleries when I link directly to them when logged out. Works fine. I just can't see some of them listed in the folder when logged out. This issue affects most, maybe all of my folders.

If anyone could offer some advice or point me in the right direction, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm about to pull my hair out! LOL.

Thanks,
Jon
"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness."
--Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2016
    Check all the galleries that do not show in it's parent folder and make sure in each gallery settings they are not set to "Unlisted".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2016
    Allen wrote: »
    Check all the galleries that do not show in it's parent folder (logged out) and make sure in each gallery settings they are not set to "Unlisted".

Hi there,

Not a single gallery is set to "Unlisted".

Thanks,
    Jon
    "As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness."
  • Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 11, 2016
    Hey Jon,

Are you still experiencing this issue?
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2016
    tomnovy wrote: »
    Hey Jon,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Hello,

Just checked, and it seems fine now. I haven't checked every single folder, but the ones I have checked seem to be listing their galleries correctly. I'm very happy that it's been fixed, but could you tell me what was wrong? I want to avoid this situation in the future.

Regards,
    Jon
  • Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 11, 2016
    Hey Jon,

It looks like a temporary glitch on your account. I have emptied cache on your account and everything started working fine.
    Those things can happen - but very rarely.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2016
    tomnovy wrote: »
    Hey Jon,

It looks like a temporary glitch on your account. I have emptied cache on your account and everything started working fine.
    Those things can happen - but very rarely.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

No apology necessary! Glitches happen. I'm just glad it's fixed. Thank you very much for your help!