X&%#$ Police State

2»

Comments

• mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2004
    dictatorship?
    damonff wrote:
    If Bush wins, all who support him deserve what they're going to get. After all, Hitler was a man of the people and now Germany is a better place because of his horrors. They had to see the ugly side of humanity in order to come to a better conclusion as to what a nation should be. Perhaps the U.S. needs a similar wake-up call. A nice dictatorship of the Bush clan is what we need.

If you think what we have now even approaches a dictatorship, you have lived a very sheltered life.

Why is it the liberals love to say they are so concerned about those who can't fend for themselves, and the minute we do something to free a country of a REAL dictator they scream we shouldn't have done it?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    whatever
    damonff wrote:
    If Bush wins, all who support him deserve what they're going to get. After all, Hitler was a man of the people and now Germany is a better place because of his horrors. They had to see the ugly side of humanity in order to come to a better conclusion as to what a nation should be. Perhaps the U.S. needs a similar wake-up call. A nice dictatorship of the Bush clan is what we need.

And how exactly does the above even answer the very phrase you quoted of me? I say that twelve years of thumbing his nose at the world community was a reason to finally use the force threatened against him for so long, and instead of addressing that you go on some rabble about a dictatorship?

If you're going to quote me, try addressing what you quote.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    Oh, good lord, I just want a good reason to take pictures. I like Clinton. I do not like Bush.

Like a lemming I will follow a Democrat to the white house, if that were possible.
    Right now I would like to be taking photographs.

You know, I belong to these liberal groups, got kind of bored with their optimism, have lived with a staunch libertarian. I play tennis with strong Bush supporters, members of Republican women. Actually, they are the only ones not fighting the issue.

That I don't understand...........................there are currents at work that none of us understand, whether it is oil, sex appeal, whatever, need. Wants. Lobbyists.

I may be an idiot, but I would rather be a happy one. I didn't know the Patriot Act was Clinton's idea, but what difference does that make? I am one of the majority whose mind is made up.

If everyone ends up yelling and offending the people whose minds are already made up, well, it is just white noise. If we yell at the people whose minds are not made up, they probably won't make them up in the direction that we think they should.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • tmshotstmshots Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    To jump away from the whole Dem/Rep and back to the Droins that were brought up. Most States/Counties/Cities ect. have whats known as the 5ft property law/ordinance. Here is the thing, you can take pictures in a public place (again, I am not giving leagal advice!) however, public domain is controlable to the owner of the property or those who may be watching over its premis. And again I do not know that cities laws or legalities but if it is within 5 ft of a buisness or residence the parties CAN tell you not to photograph. Much like if you are in any public place, you can click away to your hearts content only until a controling party of that place tells you no. These are things that you always want to be aware of in any city. Take Los Vegas for example, just try and take pictures in that town looking profesional. You will have security and police on you so fast. It is not because of the president of any point and time. It is Legislation who makes the laws and I hate to say it but when a President is of one party than the Legislature is powered by the other. And that law can be past or vetoed by either seat. That is why nothing ever gets passed anymore. They always grid lock it. But not that it is any importance, I am a disabled veteran (disabled in the line of duty) and I think the one reason that nothing ever gets done in our goverment is because of the whole Rep/Dem attitude. Lousy Government is just that, doesnt matter the title or party represented. Hope the sidewalk thing gave you an idea of laws/ordinances to check to find your rights as a photographer. Not every state is the same and a city can carry their own seperate rules.
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    I submitted the following question directly to homeland security...

"[font=arial,geneva]What is Homeland Security's official stance on photography of public buildings, banks, subways and other major public landmarks?"

Can't wait to see the response. </sarcasm>
    [/font]
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    The sorry fact is that regardless of fine interpretations of the law, if a cop tells you to stop shooting, and you don't, the next few hours of your life will be dictated to you. Not surprisngly, I have issues with ignorant abuse of power. But sophistry is wasted on the street. Save it for elections, courtrooms and legislative chambers. In the meantime, move along.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    The sorry fact is that regardless of fine interpretations of the law, if a cop tells you to stop shooting, and you don't, the next few hours of your life will be dictated to you. Not surprisngly, I have issues with ignorant abuse of power. But sophistry is wasted on the street. Save it for elections, courtrooms and legislative chambers. In the meantime, move along.
    Wrong answer for those who want to be free.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    Come to Canada Eh! Us hosers can take pictures of anything here eh. The only fear here is freezing your focal point off.rolleyes1.gif .
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Wrong answer for those who want to be free.

I now understand why your avatar is a man hitting his head against a wall.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au