Options

Lurkers: How to find the good stuff easier

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 28, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
Yo, Lurker!

Feel free to lurk all you want, but if you register the system can offer you goodies it can't otherwise, even if you never post.

(And no worries; we don't spam. We've never sent email to our member list or given out their email addresses. We never will.)

Goody 1:

A New Stuff link shows up in the navbar when you're logged in. It gives you new posts since your last visit, not the lame Today's Posts you're getting now.

52244327-L.jpg

Goody 2:

And here's what it looks like when you're logged in:
52244322-L.jpg

A link will appear on the left of the navbar called You! (it's your control panel). If you go to Edit options in the control panel, you can choose which forums to exclude from view and the New posts link:

52244308-L.jpg

While you're there in the control panel, take a moment to put in some basic info about yourself:

52244303-L.jpg

Happy De-lurking!

Andy

Comments

• Options
    pardespardes Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Good Stuff?

So far I haven't found any BAD stuff. Great site. Thanks for all the hard work.
    "A photograph is a secret about a secret." Diane Arbus
  • Options
    madramadra Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 3, 2009
    pardes wrote:
    So far I haven't found any BAD stuff....
    apart from the damned image verification hoops you've got to jump through to get registered for the forum in the first place!

seven bleeding goes it took me! - before i finally managed to get the image verification right; half the letters/numbers are ambiguous, for the other half it's not sure whether or not they are capital or lower case... and there's no information to tell you whether the image verification is case sensitive or not.

and of course, every time you submit the form and the image verification fails, it wipes out half the fields and you've got to fill them in all over again.

i feel like i've done five rounds with mike tyson, just getting my foot through the forum door! :bash
  • Options
    NormsIMNormsIM Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    I have to agree about the image verification box. I studied and studied the characters to make sure I got them right. Dang!!! It took me around five times before I actually got it right. I understand the need for a captcha verification, but the implementation of this one is poor.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2010
    NormsIM wrote: »
    I have to agree about the image verification box. I studied and studied the characters to make sure I got them right. Dang!!! It took me around five times before I actually got it right. I understand the need for a captcha verification, but the implementation of this one is poor.

We put in a new Dgrin Captcha system thumb.gif
  • Options
    ZingZing Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 28, 2011
    I am a novice photographer, have been lurking for a little while and finally decided to join the conversation. I would like to say that I really enjoy this forum, and have learned a lot about my craft from reading the threads here. I really like the unique features that this forum has, I have never really seen anything like them in any other forum that I have joined. Maybe this isn't the place to ask, but I was wondering if anyone knows if angie's list would be a good place for a photographer to advertise? Thank you.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited June 28, 2011
    Welcome, Zing! wave.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky