JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited October 26, 2016 in Landscapes

Comments

• Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2016
    Juano wrote: »
    untitled-226-Edit-X2.jpg

Fantastic lighting. Also makes a great panorama shot cropped right down to the clouds.

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    chiphotographychiphotography Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2016
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2016
    Thanks for the comments!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2016
    Its nice Cristobal. The sky has some weird circular lines going on....also the wire passing through the critter....bit distracting.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Its nice Cristobal. The sky has some weird circular lines going on....also the wire passing through the critter....bit distracting.

Thanks Taz, I agree with your comments. I already worked on trying to remove the posterized look to the sky. As for the wire I wish it wasn't there either...
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2016
    A good shot with some nice color. I like the content and the wire doesn't concern me much. thumb.gifthumb

I would be tempted to manipulate this image by moving the moon down some, and going with a 1x2 crop to remove some of the blank sky.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    A good shot with some nice color. I like the content and the wire doesn't concern me much. thumb.gifthumb

I would be tempted to manipulate this image by moving the moon down some, and going with a 1x2 crop to remove some of the blank sky.

Phil

I agree with Phil, there's too much dead space above the clouds (although I know some people like these clutter free voids!). My first instinct was crop above the clouds which would make those mountains look a lot higher, but then, it would be a shame to lose the moon. So try repositioning it, you might also be able to crop out some of the sky artifacts that Taz was talking about.

Please shot though, reminds me of those mountainscape stickers you can have down the side of your van/truck! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2016
    I agree with Phil, there's too much dead space above the clouds (although I know some people like these clutter free voids!). My first instinct was crop above the clouds which would make those mountains look a lot higher, but then, it would be a shame to lose the moon. So try repositioning it, you might also be able to crop out some of the sky artifacts that Taz was talking about.

Please shot though, reminds me of those mountainscape stickers you can have down the side of your van/truck! thumb.gif

Thanks for the comments I think there is too much dead space between the moon and the clouds but I'm reluctant to trick the pic too much. I'm not sure what is going on with the lines in the sky, on lightroom there is some vigneting but no lines...headscratch.gif
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2016
    I like this image, it's beautiful! Actually, I would prefer the extra space between moon and clouds IF there was MORE space above the moon.

With that said, I'm usually a fan of keeping the slightly-off details, but honestly, if this were to be a selling piece, I would definitely attempt moving the moon. Even if you move it and decide you like the original better, at least you'll know if for 100%.

As for the weird stripes in the sky, it looks like an output setting may be off in LR. Whenever I export for web, I use 100% quality, limit file size to 1200px on the long edge, 240ppi. Dunno if that helps, but thought I'd share.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2016
    I like this image, it's beautiful! Actually, I would prefer the extra space between moon and clouds IF there was MORE space above the moon.

With that said, I'm usually a fan of keeping the slightly-off details, but honestly, if this were to be a selling piece, I would definitely attempt moving the moon. Even if you move it and decide you like the original better, at least you'll know if for 100%.

As for the weird stripes in the sky, it looks like an output setting may be off in LR. Whenever I export for web, I use 100% quality, limit file size to 1200px on the long edge, 240ppi. Dunno if that helps, but thought I'd share.

Awesome, thanks for the tip I'll give it a try thumb.gif. I upload to my smugmug site and post from there...