Beyond the Wall

Matt TilghmanMatt Tilghman Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited October 25, 2016 in Landscapes
In the famous town of Kotor, Montenegro, visitors may opt to take a grueling hike up the imposing city walls. These walls ascend straight up the steep Dinaric Alps, ending at the St John Fortress which overlooks Kotor. The vantage from the top offers stunning views of Kotor Bay, and for that reason the climb is a very popular – and crowded – activity. However, there's a small hole in the wall that most visitors walk right by, since you will undoubtedly be out of breath, and staring at your feet to avoid tripping on the fallen rocks. I happened to notice this hole, and popped my head through. What I saw amazed me: stunning mountain scenery and ancient ruins in disrepair, like something out of a medieval fairy tale. I instantly lost interest in the St John Fortress, and instead explored this scene in solitude.

Ancient-Church-Ruins.jpg
Beyond the Wall
check out my photos and photoshop blog: www.MattTilghman.com

Comments

• Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2016
    Very nice shot. Looks like a potential exposure nightmare, but you've balanced everything out perfectly!
    not sure the shot would have had much impact without the sun star to complement, so good foresight on including it and we'll done capturing!