Options

smugmug share just one photo, not a whole gallery

scoril0scoril0 Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
edited November 4, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi There,

I want my clients to be able to share selected photos from a private gallery and keep the rest of the gallery private.

So, I have a gallery which I set to "Unlisted", access: "Anyone with a link" and enabled social media icons.

All works well, the photograph is posted on FB and if clicked a lightbox window appears displaying the photo.
The problem is when one closes the lightbox window is returned to the gallery and has access to the rest of the photos which is not desirable.

How can I have visitors go from a lightbox directly to homepage without returning to the gallery?

Thank you for your attention,
Radu

Comments

• Options
    phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2016
    Hi Radu,

Thanks for writing.

The best way to accomplish that would be to get the direct image link via the Share button below the photo in the gallery. This link will end in ".jpg".

When you post that direct image link to Facebook, it will be the image only, with no link back to the gallery!

If I can be of any further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this message and let me know.

Have a great rest of the day :D

Tristan
    SmugMug
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    scoril0scoril0 Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2016
    Thank you Tristan

for the workaround.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me as I'd like my customers and my customers friends to share the images on FB. It's difficult to explain to all of them the process.

Kind regards,
    Radu