toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2016
    Nice one Cristbol

Good conversion
    Rags
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2016
    I like this a lot, Cristóbal. I would have zapped those several small issues in the foreground, but that's just me. I don't tune in as much as I used to but I've really enjoyed your latest productions.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2016
    Another ace!!!! I really like the high key look here with just enough detail. I do keep looking at the 'small issues' in the foreground but not a biggy!
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2016
    Zapped version. Thoughts?

untitled-48-Edit-2-Edit-X2.jpg
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2016
    Yep but for the purists in lots of us keep the original too. :D
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2016
    Eia wrote: »
    Yep but for the purists in lots of us keep the original too. :D

Ha! Understood :D!
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2016
    I decided I like the artifacts.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2016
    I do prefer the zapped version. To me, the scene is a rather surreal one....accentuated, I feel, by being handled in B&W. Including the artifacts brings a sense of reality back into the mix that I find somewhat conflicting with my overall impression. Hey, it's a great shot either way.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2016
    I do prefer the zapped version. To me, the scene is a rather surreal one....accentuated, I feel, by being handled in B&W. Including the artifacts brings a sense of reality back into the mix that I find somewhat conflicting with my overall impression. Hey, it's a great shot either way.

Tom

I'm torn, I fully appreciate what you are saying, not sure which way to go headscratch.gif. Thanks for your input clap.gif
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 5, 2016
    I like the artifacts. They add a sense of scale and anchor the photo. Plus the shadowing give them a nice dimensionality. I have many dune shots where I chose to leave little twigs and pebbles in the shot. It makes it real.

I rather like this, Cristobal. Although I confess I'd like to see it in color as well. nod.gif
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited November 5, 2016
    Another great shot, Cristóbal. I could go either way with the artifacts--they didn't bother me in the original, but I can't say that I miss them in the edited version. Your call. If it were mine, I'd shave just a bit off the top to emphasize the panoramic aspect, but it's very nice as is. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2016
    kdog wrote: »
    I like the artifacts. They add a sense of scale and anchor the photo. Plus the shadowing give them a nice dimensionality. I have many dune shots where I chose to leave little twigs and pebbles in the shot. It makes it real.

I rather like this, Cristobal. Although I confess I'd like to see it in color as well. nod.gif

Thanks, I decided to leave the artifacts in, I did zap the lower one on the left that kind of bothered me...
    Richard wrote: »
    Another great shot, Cristóbal. I could go either way with the artifacts--they didn't bother me in the original, but I can't say that I miss them in the edited version. Your call. If it were mine, I'd shave just a bit off the top to emphasize the panoramic aspect, but it's very nice as is. thumb.gif

Thanks Richard, I'll try your crop suggestion.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2016
    OK this is my final version. I kept the artifacts except the one on the lower left.

untitled-48-Edit-2-Edit-2-X2.jpg
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2016
    I like the artifacts, Cristóbal, it gives scale and locates my eye in the foto.

Well done.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2016
    willard3 wrote: »
    I like the artifacts, Cristóbal, it gives scale and locates my eye in the foto.

Well done.

Awesome, thanks! :D

I think the artifacts echo the rocks on top of the dune and create a balance of sorts.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2016
    Yes, yes, yes.....I am glad people got this one fixed.....I vote whole heartedly for #3!

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes.....I am glad people got this one fixed.....I vote whole heartedly for #3!

Cheers!

Dgrin ROCKS! clap.gifbarb
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2016
    Juano wrote: »
    OK this is my final version. I kept the artifacts except the one on the lower left.

I like this one. Especially with the artifacts....they give even more dimension.
    -Len