Secret in the Rainforest

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited November 8, 2016 in Landscapes
Yesterday, I was booked as a secret photographer for a couple on a helicopter trip. My cover story: Visitor from TN on photo assignment for a publication project. The mission: Paparazzi-style capture a proposal.

We flew out to the rainforest, landing in a small private meadow on the Keanai (kay-an-eye) Peninsula, where the gentleman popped the question (she said yes). This private patch of land is surrounded by miles and miles of national rainforest, inaccessible by road or on foot. To heli in is the only option.

Here are a few 'for myself' shots.

IMG_4124-XL.jpg

IMG_4121-XL.jpg

IMG_6878-XL.jpg

IMG_4073-XL.jpg

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2016
    You got it going on m8! Happy for you!
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2016
    1 & 3 are awesome and very dramatic. It shows off the massive mountains dwarfing the water-fall.
    How fortunate are you? !!!!!
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    You got it going on m8! Happy for you!

Thanks, Taz! Seriously though, I'm just lucky my wife even stumbled upon the gig rolleyes1.gif
    jerryr wrote: »
    #3 - very cool shot ! jerryr

One of my favs too!
    Eia wrote: »
    1 & 3 are awesome and very dramatic. It shows off the massive mountains dwarfing the water-fall.
    How fortunate are you? !!!!!

I loved #1 also! One of the things I appreciate in that particular shot, which I didn't even realize until I looked at the image in Lightroom, is the landslide covering the old abandoned road on the first mountain (left of the waterfall).

That massive mountain in the background of both #1 & #3 is a volcano named Haleakala (hah-lay-ah-kah-lah). It's summit is 10,023ft ASL, and it takes an entire day to drive the circumference at the base.

I am fortunate beyond any means of measurement to live in this tropical paradise. If you ever take the opportunity to come to Maui, please hit me up, and let's tour!
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2016
    Great set #1 and #3 are fantastic captures.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!