Options

ring lake

catcher33catcher33 Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited November 11, 2016 in Landscapes
Ring Lake in the Whiskey Basin Wildlife Management Area just East of Dubois WY. I haven't edited anything. Any critique or suggestions are appreciated.

30806496736_dfebad356c_h.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2016
    Maybe I'd clone out the white speck on the water, and crop the top third of the sky out. You should look into trying your hand with 10 stop ND filters too. Kinda addictive beware.
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2016
    I see you found the area I was telling you about.

Assuming you are shooting in raw mode, I would set my temp at about 6000 +/-. I agree with Tango about removing the white speck, and about a crop. For the image I would use a 1x2 formula for my crop, say 16x32, yielding a more panoramic image.

I don't know what you use for processing, so I haven't an idea what tools you have available, but you have some good stuff to work with.

Did you see any Bighorn in the area?

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    dbddbd Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2016
    catcher33 wrote: »
    Ring Lake in the Whiskey Basin Wildlife Management Area just East of Dubois WY. I haven't edited anything. Any critique or suggestions are appreciated.

I'm a fan of the panoramic presentation when your subject fits it. I think your subject does. I would remove the top third of the image, all blank sky, and a strip along the bottom that is reflected blank sky. Center vertically on the far lake shore. Then the wind disturbed lake surface that blocks the reflected image of the mountain range will draw the eye better than in the current image with large blank spaces.

Dale B. Dalrymple
    "Give me a lens long enough and a place to stand and I can image the earth."
    ...with apology to Archimedies
  • Options
    catcher33catcher33 Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2016
    we saw no wildlife bigger then a chipmunk. i did crop as suggested and i see it makes a huge difference.

30831220361_2803bf7214_o.jpg
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2016
    Looks better to methumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2016
    thumb.gifthumb
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!