Options

Quicksettings in LR Plugin not uploading to correct location.

TheBigETheBigE Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 11, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Details:

LR CC 2015.7
Smugmug LR Plugin: 3.0.9.0
Smugmug Power Plan

So this is has caused me some frustration. I created a Quick Setting in the Gallery Settings Menu of SmugMug to remain my default upload settings (Privacy, Sharing, layout, etc). It seem that this was the only way I could have a "saved" setting in LR when I do the upload.

I goto upload a set of photos from LR via the Plugin and I select my Quick Settings. The photos then upload but not to my account (www.shuttersoflight.com) but rather to www.smugmug.com/gallery/xxxx

If I go through and manually select each choice in the Advanced Settings dialog of the LR Plugin to match those of my saved settings, the gallery and photos are uploaded to my site and not the www.smugmug.com/gallery/xxxx

I see similiar type behaviour if I do it manually on my Smugmug Site.

For whatever reason, it seems to want to put www.smugmug.com as the root for my new galleries vice my own SM website.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Erik

Comments

• Options
    edited November 11, 2016
    I have just confimed that via the SMUGMUG web interface that if i use the Quick Settings I have saved it will revert my gallery to www.smugmug.com/gallery/xxxx

This is the same behavior as in the Plugin.

Note that in the URL box of the Gallery Settings, it shows the correct website address (even after I select my quick settings). So it seems that something changes after I hit create....

Is there anything in the quick settings that drive it to www.smugmug.com?
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited November 11, 2016
    I'm having a hard time following -- can you give some examples with real links so we can dig further? Where is Lightroom telling you it's www.smugmug.com/gallery/xxxx?
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2016
    I just figured it out - I had Hide Owner set to yes in the settings. This resulted in my Gallery being on www.smugmug.com/gallery/xxxx
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2016
    I'm glad to hear that you figured it out. Yes, hide owner makes any gallery appear as a generic SmugMug gallery with none of your customizations and no links back to your site.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero