UMass Hockey....a quicky

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited January 15, 2006 in Sports
I know some people like it when I post, I didnt have much time to go through them, but here are my two favorites from last night.

52266488-M-1.jpg
If you look carefully you can see the puck just above is glove. A great shot of a defender using all means to clear the puck out of the zone on a penalty kill.

52266480-M-1.jpg

I am getting sooooo much better at getting the hits now!!!!!:D

Ok one more
52215819-M-2.jpg
You ever take a shot, then 5 minutes later you realised what you could of done to make it better.......the ball was spinning, but I had the shutter on so fast for the game.....had I taken this photo at a slower shutter speed I could of got some great motion on the spinning basketball....or well. At least the little girl is cute.

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited January 14, 2006
    Thank you!

Nice catch of the hit as well. The referee looks like he might have gotten
    hit or at least afraid he was going to :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2006
    Photoshop Shape Blur to the rescue:

Duplicate Layer>Filter>Blur>Shape Blur
    Add Layer Mask, drop black paint on the whole layer
    Use eraser brush around the ball.

This was only 20 seconds, can do much better with original file and a couple of minutes. I would feather the strokes much more around the ball to make it more realistic.

52312820-L.jpg52312766-L.jpg

wave.gif Hi Winger :D
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 15, 2006
    Very nice Karen thumb.gif

Great "check" shot. I agree, you are getting really good at "hit" shots. Like most sports, I guess it just a matter of getting you timing down. Seems like you've mastered it for hockey clap.gif

I also really like the little girl pic and I hear ya about speed. I'm always so worried about "freezing" action, I miss opportunities for some kewl motion/blur effects. I think a spinning ball with her sharply in focus would be an excellent shot :D

Nice try Andy, but unlike your windmill in motion shot, this one looks photochopped....lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero