Going out for dinner!

NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited January 16, 2006 in People
Hi friends!

Just a few pics from our last vacation. Enjoy, and please let me know what you think. I was trying to catch that beautiful, ambient light there.
Going out

50982886-L.jpg

Caged!

50982762-L.jpg

Let's go now, quit pointing that camera at me! :):

50982686-L.jpg
Regards,
Andreas

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2006
    First one is brillant. I love the light that you caught. I actually liked it better when it first popped up on my window... meaning that I wouldn't mind it as a landscape view cut just below the hands. But if you don't have any that's okay. I think the whole girl walking down the steps in that beautiful gown is quite nice!
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2006
    Some serious color correction could be done and you would still keep that "beautiful ambient light." :)
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Some serious color correction could be done and you would still keep that "beautiful ambient light." :)

Thanks for your suggestion! In what way would you alter the colors?
    To me, they look right, this is like I remember the scene.

Regards,
    Andreas
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    my tool of choice is photoshop...but it's expensive, there's also PS Elements, which I've heard is pretty good.
    This is done in adjustments-->levels where you can correct the colours individually.
    Auto does a pretty good job (usually), but not in this case - it's a bit orange.
    my first step is tio set the white point & the black point one the whitest point and the blackest point. This pick was still a bit orange to I increases the blue midtones.

hth
    Adrian
    Nordic1.jpg

Nordic2.jpg
    Nordic wrote:
    Thanks for your suggestion! In what way would you alter the colors?
    To me, they look right, this is like I remember the scene.

Regards,
    Andreas
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    Adrian,
    thank you for the detailed answer with screenshot. clap.gif
    I still don't know wether I like the corrected version better than the original. I agree that, when you have not been there, the corrected version seems more realistic. More pleasing? I don't know, as it is a question of taste.
    I really can't decide what version is more accurate. There WAS a lot of dim, orange light there... :)

Regards, and thanks again,
    Andreas
  • BrianLowtherBrianLowther Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    I know what you mean
    Nordic wrote:
    Adrian,
    thank you for the detailed answer with screenshot. clap.gif
    I still don't know wether I like the corrected version better than the original. I agree that, when you have not been there, the corrected version seems more realistic. More pleasing? I don't know, as it is a question of taste.
    I really can't decide what version is more accurate. There WAS a lot of dim, orange light there... :)

Regards, and thanks again,
    Andreas
    I often have this dilema too.
    I remember the scene and want to capture that.

Brian
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they dislike: it was a wise man, and it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed"
    - W. Somerset Maugham