Teton Pass in Wyoming

AndrewWAndrewW Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited November 23, 2016 in Landscapes
Teton Pass has some nice sunrises this time of year (and by nice, I mean not at 4:30am). This image is a composite of 15 images before sunrise. The layer of fog is covering Jackson, WY.

I like including the highway because I'm usually in that line of cars every morning. I like to think of this scene as a tribute to the daily commuters...or something like that. :)

ATW54852-XL.jpg

Full timelapse from the morning available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvBPi9EI_1s
-- Andrew -- | Instagram | Photo Gallery

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2016
    The youtube video is fantastic as the still! Nice drama showing...
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2016
    That's a great capture and the video is really cool thumb.gifthumb.

Been awhile since I've gone over that pass. I usually go down the river to Alpine so that I don't have to tow my 5th wheel over that pass, plus I like to stop at the Yankee Doodle Cafe.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited November 14, 2016
    Great stuff there. Glad you included the highway for the increased depth it brings.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2016
    This is awesome! What a wonderful sight to see!

If mine, I would consider removing some hot spots (they are pole lights or roads or car lights perhaps) from either side of the road.....create sense of business and drawing too much attention.....JMO
  • AndrewWAndrewW Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2016
    Thanks everyone!
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Been awhile since I've gone over that pass. I usually go down the river to Alpine so that I don't have to tow my 5th wheel over that pass, plus I like to stop at the Yankee Doodle Cafe.

I've seen some pretty big rigs make the drive over...some really daring people out there.
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    If mine, I would consider removing some hot spots (they are pole lights or roads or car lights perhaps) from either side of the road.....create sense of business and drawing too much attention.....JMO

Are you talking about the streak of taillights, or those two tiny yellow signs?
    -- Andrew -- | Instagram | Photo Gallery
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2016
    Beautiful capture. I've been to Jackson several times but only ridden that pass once. Nice ride.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 16, 2016
    Love it. Well conceived and executed. thumb.gif
  • Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2016
    Very nice!
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2016
    Wow, very cool!
    Aaron Nelson
  • kathykitkathykit Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 23, 2016
    AndrewW wrote: »
    Teton Pass has some nice sunrises this time of year (and by nice, I mean not at 4:30am). This image is a composite of 15 images before sunrise. The layer of fog is covering Jackson, WY.

I like including the highway because I'm usually in that line of cars every morning. I like to think of this scene as a tribute to the daily commuters...or something like that. :)

I love sunrise. And it just like a picture.
    Really wonderful!thumb.gif