beach life

Back WindowBack Window Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited January 17, 2006 in Sports
I have a few. so enjoy and send feedback!

554.jpg
IMG_0877.jpg -ouchy
IMG_1882.jpg
Slaughter-PauloFall.jpg- double ouchy
IMG_4661.jpg
IMG_4219.jpg
IMG_4209.jpg
IMG_4184.jpg
IMG_4168.jpg
doug.jpg
IMG_3694.jpg
It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours.
James Lalropui Keivomhttp://www.Backwindowproductions.com/bwp

Comments

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2006
    The first one is awesome, try adjusting the levels on it, the colorslook kinda dull, but the shot overall is amazing.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited January 15, 2006
    Cool stuff. The skimboarders are definitely fun to watch.

The skate board shot would be cool too...if it wasn't a butt shot :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 15, 2006
    Good action BW thumb.gif

You don't seem to have any problems catching interesting shots clap.gif You do, however, need to work on exposure and post-processing, IMHO.

The first one is a stop or so under exposed. As mentioned move the right slider under the tail (using levels) to brighten it. Add a little saturation and voila, an image that is much nicer to view :D

554.jpg

original.jpg

The last group are over exposed by at least a stop also. These are tougher to fix since it looks like you lost some highlight detail. But, again using levels, move the left slider under the left tail. You might also need to use some curves.

IMG_4184.jpg

original.jpg

If your camera has a histogram, you may want to check it as you shoot so you can make sure you're in the ballpark exposure-wise.

If I have offended you by messing with your pics, I apologize. A pic is worth 1000 words and I felt a visual example would better illustrate what I am talking about.

Anyhow, good stuff and you've got some excellent timing clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2006
    Lovewd the shots , But seeing the improvements really helps. I really need to master curves and levels myself. I THINK i get what you mean about the "tail"
  • Back WindowBack Window Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    N Steve Im not offended. thanks for showing what a difference is. those are actually the very first shots I took with my 350D so i just saved them off to the side
    It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours.
    James Lalropui Keivomhttp://www.Backwindowproductions.com/bwp
  • socalisurfingsocalisurfing Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    skimboarding
    Awsome skimboarding shots, dont see shore break like that down here is San Diego. Very nice.
    - Tim

God created the heavens and earth...

I just Photograph it.
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    Really nice job capturing the moment, you've got some phenominal action shots there! thumb.gif I agree they need some post-processing, but all the elements for excellent shots are there already - just need to bring them out a bit.