Rating/choosing pics - PS and otherwise

cyclemancycleman Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited January 16, 2006 in Finishing School
hi,

I'm using Adobe CS2 and Bridge on PC platform. I have been going through my images and looking to determining a good workflow process for rating them. eventually, I will want to choose certain rated pics and copy them to a folder for use, say on smugmug, etc. in bridge, it's easy to rate images. then you can just call up 5s, or 4s, etc.

I'm also working with ACDSEE ver 8. this is also a terrific file management/organizing program. you can rate pics just like you can in Bridge. you can call up your 5s, 4s, etc or any category you've created. ACDSEE has another advantage that Bridge doesn't have: alt C will let you copy any image(s) to any folder you want and even create a new folder if necessary in the same operation. and with cntrl D you can easily enter any text you want as a comment or description - good for keeping notes on an image. as far as I know Bridge dozesn't have these capabilities.

I'm trying to decide whether I want to do my rating and selecting in Bridge or in ACDSEE. I'm just curious as to how other photographers out there deal with this issue (or maybe it's not a big deal at all).

thanks for the input.

dick louderman

Comments

• dandilldandill Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2006
    I have just received my copy of The DAM Book. I am finding that it is an extraordinarily accessible and detailed tutorial on digital asset management using Adobe Brdige and iView Media Pro. The schemes described can be adapted to other cataloging software (such as ACDSee).
    Dan Dill

"It is a magical time. I am reluctant to leave. Yet the shooting becomes more difficult, the path back grows black as it is without this last light. I don't do it anymore unless my husband is with me, as I am still afraid of the dark, smile.

This was truly last light, my legs were tired, my husband could no longer read and was anxious to leave, but the magic and I, we lingered........"
    Ginger Jones
  • cyclemancycleman Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    thanks. I'll check it out.
    dandill wrote:
    I have just received my copy of The DAM Book. I am finding that it is an extraordinarily accessible and detailed tutorial on digital asset management using Adobe Brdige and iView Media Pro. The schemes described can be adapted to other cataloging software (such as ACDSee).
    :):