Wailea Coast Evening

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited November 22, 2016 in Landscapes
Yesterday evening I went out to the beach in Wailea to test out the new search & rescue lights on the flying camera. For most of the sunset photo time I kept the bird right above the water line at the beach, about 350ft. up. This way, the other photographers wouldn't have a UFO in their beautiful photos (the lights are visible for 3 miles).

This image is a 2-shot HDR. I find I get less noise by merging photos, so long as the wind is not more than about 5 knots.

DJI_0256-HDR-XL.jpg

Once the sun dropped, I sent it out about 2500ft. or so in order to make an attempt to photo the lit-up resort coastline. This is what I came away with, after several different attempts. It's a single exposure, worked in Lightroom.

DJI_0288-XL.jpg

Comments

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2016
    Great captures. I love that 1st image, those clouds are fantastic thumb.gifthumb. I go back and forth about cropping a couple inches off of the bottom of #1.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Great captures. I love that 1st image, those clouds are fantastic thumb.gifthumb. I go back and forth about cropping a couple inches off of the bottom of #1.

Phil

Mahalo for the feedback, Phil. I wrestled hard with the cropping of #1, and couldn't decide myself. Everytime I tried losing more of the water in the image, it just felt weird because of the elevated perspective (shot from about 350ft AGL).
  • bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2016