Options

Smugmug Dropbox/IFTTT Integration

huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited November 22, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Is SM considering any official IFTTT script in order to get any new picture uploaded or with scheduled uploads? Currently I am using Dropbox and I tired of coming home and uploading pictures weekly or monthly (or even later if I've been too busy) from my desktop to SM. It would be cool if we can have IFTTT such as "If Dropbox receives new pictures, then upload them to Smugmug"

And then instead of trying to upload all those pictures, we can just come in and sort them or distribute them to folders/galleries in Smugmug, and delete the one we don't need.
My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr

Comments

• Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2016
    Not aware of any plans to do this, but you could request it here:
    http://feedback.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2016
    Thank you, i like the uservoice but sadly most new ideas tend to get buried, sometimes people don't realize what could be a good idea or what could be useful until they see it. I wish uservoice offered subscription or sort of newsletter where people can receive a summary of ideas posted, so users can come in and vote.

The other option would be of course a way to upload pictures directly to Smugmug automatically, every time a picture is taken, it's sent to Smugmug. That would be an alternative to IFTTT.

I assume SM does not offer any auto-sync function with other galleries, right?
    My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited November 22, 2016
    huseyin wrote: »
    Thank you, i like the uservoice but sadly most new ideas tend to get buried, sometimes people don't realize what could be a good idea or what could be useful until they see it. I wish uservoice offered subscription or sort of newsletter where people can receive a summary of ideas posted, so users can come in and vote.

The other option would be of course a way to upload pictures directly to Smugmug automatically, every time a picture is taken, it's sent to Smugmug. That would be an alternative to IFTTT.

This feature has been requested by others as well and posted on UserVoice here: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/3199630-make-an-ifttt-channel. Feel free to toss your votes in on this as well!

We have a number of items in the works to make uploading easier. Stay tuned!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2016
    Thanks! I removed my suggestion and added votes to IFTTT integration. I'll still keep auto-upload request there, though. :)
  • Options

@leftquark said:
    huseyin wrote: »

This feature has been requested by others as well and posted on UserVoice here: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/3199630-make-an-ifttt-channel. Feel free to toss your votes in on this as well!

We have a number of items in the works to make uploading easier. Stay tuned!

Hi, has there been any developments on Dropbox auto upload or auto sync to Smugmug?
    Thanks.

• Options
    VivPixVivPix Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins

At this time we do not have the auto sync and auto upload feature you are describing for Dropbox.

Thanks,

Vivian
    SmugMug Hero
  • Options

Is SM considering IFTTT integration?