Options

The abyss

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited November 23, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
oct.%2007%20mountains%20042-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited November 21, 2016
    Oh, I like this one too! It looks like the person is walking into nothingness...

--- Denise
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2016
    Nice one.. good subject contrast... thumb.gif
    Rags
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2016
    Good lines. clap.gif
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    kathykitkathykit Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 23, 2016

Love this! Really cool!
    clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2016
    Oh, I like this one too! It looks like the person is walking into nothingness...

--- Denise

Thanks, Denise. Nothingness indeed. The low-lying cloud ( this was shot high in the Appalachians ) thickened up right after I shot this and visibility dropped even further to about 15-20 feet.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2016
    torags wrote: »
    Nice one.. good subject contrast... thumb.gif

Thanks, Rags. I value your comments.

Stay safe,

Tom
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2016
    willard3 wrote: »
    Good lines. clap.gif

Hey, willard. Thanks for the visit.

See you,

Tom
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2016
    kathykit wrote: »
    Love this! Really cool!
    clap.gif

I'm glad you like it, Kathy. It was a magical moment and I'm glad I was there to capture it.

Tom
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2016
    Great shot!!! Love the diffused light and mystery created by the fog, and the "S" line of the path.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Great shot!!! Love the diffused light and mystery created by the fog, and the "S" line of the path.

I appreciate the visit, Phil. I'm sure you have experienced the same thing....you're at the right place, at the right time, and you've got your camera. Serendipity, perhaps.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2016
    A mysterious shot indeed!

I would increase the contrast just a little bit, maybe.

Cheers my friend!
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2016
    Juano wrote: »
    A mysterious shot indeed!

I would increase the contrast just a little bit, maybe.

Cheers my friend!

Thanks for the look-see, buddy. That's an interesting suggestion you make. When doing the PP on this shot, I found that if I opted for more contrast the magic of the fog fell of considerably. What may be more at play here is relevant to the angle of view one has of the monitor. I view my monitor at a level that's probably about 3 inches below a line that's perpendicular to the screen....in other words, the screen is tilted away from me at the top. My eyes hover at about 2 1/2 feet from the screen. If I raise my eyes enough to get close to a perpendicular line, it has an appreciable effect on the perceived contrast. Try slightly more tilt on your monitor and see if you experience a similar situation. I've always been interested in this issue and its ramifications.

Take care,

Tom