Then and Now Mini Challenge results

grandmaRgrandmaR Major grinsSouthern Maryland Registered Users Posts: 1,732 Major grins
edited December 5, 2016 in The Dgrin Challenges
Passage of Time - Mini Challenge #237

Xinjin Zhao - Very interesting take on the problem. Who would have thought that the soviet army had pink hats

BMW Kurt - The steak was very clever.

I really like Frau and I1925317_10203562268274055_8986025485672905291_n-L.jpg
HM

travelways- Parliament hill was great. But I am more intrigues by the faux Venice
HM venetian-las-vegas-2-XL.jpg

sapphire73 I am having trouble deciding between 1 and 3 so I give this one HM
i-jb5sZXw-XL.jpg

pegelli - I liked the vacant lot and the new mega-mansion.

i've given the aunt's house
3nd place PEG_A850_3_01119_20150818-XL.jpg

Cavalier - I keep coming back to the Yellowstone pictures and trying to find the correspondence. I love the little dog too, but the lake pictures are exactly what I was looking for

2nd place IMG_3193%20saturation%20and%20highlights-X2.jpg

sarasphotos

I liked the melon picture but I really like the trees
20150607_006_DMC-G5-X2.jpg

1st place
“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 2,776 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2016
    Oh my goodness, grandmaR - I certainly didn't expect to win. Thank you and kudos to the other winners and HMs. It was a very fun challenge and it took me a long time to search through and find the appropriate photos.

I'll see what I can come up with as a theme in the next day or two. Stay tuned...
  • GSPePGSPeP Major grins Steendorp, BelgiumRegistered Users Posts: 3,028 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2016
  • pegellipegelli Major grins BelgiumRegistered Users Posts: 5,847 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2016
    Thanks Grandma for running this special challenge, it required more thought and planning than earlier ones and that's a good thing!

Congrats to Sara and the other honorary places and honorary mentions, humbled to be among them.
    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Major grins Southern Maryland Registered Users Posts: 1,732 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2016
    Thanks to everyone who took time and entered - it was fun to see all the different ways that people interpreted the challenge. The food ones were lovely too
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Major grins PennsylvaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,698 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2016
    Congratulations sarasphotos, Cavalier, pegelli and also to the HM winners! Lots of great entries in this mini.

Thank you grandmaR for the HM and a fun challenge! I processed the night sky photo of Maroon Bells for this mini and re-processed the other photos entered for 1 and 3. It was fun to go back and play with those RAW files.
  • travelwaystravelways Candid Grinner Ottawa, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2016
    Congratulations Sara, Jo and Pieter - very nice photos!clap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • JAGJAG Photomaniac Wasilla, AKSuper Moderators Posts: 7,386 moderator
    edited December 1, 2016
    Congrats to all who entered this challenging challenge! Kudos Sara on your win!
  • CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaRegistered Users Posts: 2,367 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2016
    congrats everyone for a good mini. Thanks for 2nd place GrandmaR!

BTW GrandmaR - the Yellowstone shots were the same formation years apart. the second shows how much the Sulphur formation has grown.
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Major grins Southern Maryland Registered Users Posts: 1,732 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2016
    Cavalier wrote: »
    congrats everyone for a good mini. Thanks for 2nd place GrandmaR!

BTW GrandmaR - the Yellowstone shots were the same formation years apart. the second shows how much the Sulphur formation has grown.

I figured it was something like that. All of your entries were good and I appreciated them.