Alessandra In The Fog

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited January 16, 2006 in People
here's a picture from my shoot yesterday in the fog, straight out of the camera. i'll be posting a lot more from this set soon. please tell me what you think.

52347281-L.jpg

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    here's a picture from my shoot yesterday in the fog, straight out of the camera. i'll be posting a lot more from this set soon. please tell me what you think.

52347281-L.jpg

You have to cheer her up Barry. She looks so melancholy. Exposure is great comp is fine, Not sure I love the hands in her pockets but that is just personal preference. can't wait to see the others.
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2006
    i had to wait till my wife left before i commented... mwink.gif

im sitting here with root canal pain.. "She" surely makes the pain not feel so bad - she's a beautiful model IMHO. Now as far as the hands in the pocket, the way they are positioned draws my attention away from her face and that's where i want to look ( her face ) .... so thats my honest opinion while under heavy pain medication - vicodine! iloveyou.gif

also - i dont want my attention to her face to compete with the skull...

troy
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    4labs wrote:
    You have to cheer her up Barry. She looks so melancholy. Exposure is great comp is fine, Not sure I love the hands in her pockets but that is just personal preference. can't wait to see the others.

thanks eric! i think she's pretty close to a smile in that shot. the hands in the pockets were her doing, but i actually liked it.

thank you windoze for your very kind words, i really appreciate it!

more will be posted soon!
    edited January 16, 2006
    here's some more! please tell me what you think about the lighting, exposure, framing, and colors. thanks. (hey 4labs, the smiley ones are for you)

52586727-M.jpg

52585819-M-1.jpg

52588139-M-0.jpg

52586075-M.jpg

52588152-M.jpg

52585776-M.jpg

52585796-M-2.jpg
  • ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    here's some more! please tell me what you think about the lighting, exposure, framing, and colors. thanks. (hey 4labs, the smiley ones are for you)

52585796-M-2.jpg

I'm loving this one. Beautiful eyes, great angle, great shot.

brian
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    ows4428 wrote:
    I'm loving this one. Beautiful eyes, great angle, great shot.

brian

I'm loving it, too. Just wish it wasn't quite so wide angle, but then I suppose you would have had to be carting a ladder around with you, eh?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited January 16, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    I'm loving it, too. Just wish it wasn't quite so wide angle, but then I suppose you would have had to be carting a ladder around with you, eh?

yeah, i've actually been meaning to purchase a small step ladder for that reason. thanks for the comments!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 16, 2006
    i love number 4 and number 7. number six is really good. the only thing that i would perhaps change is have her hands inside of her pockets like in the first shot, i dont know i guess that just seems more like her (haha although i dont know her). you've dont a great job especially considering that it was probably a very overcast day then these were taken. great job! your model is very lovely too i'm sure she will love these!
    edited January 16, 2006
    nOrmalSukx wrote:
    you've dont a great job especially considering that it was probably a very overcast day then these were taken.

thanks! the pictures are so good because of the overcast weather. if it had been a sunny day, i wouldn't have gotten such great results.
  • MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    I think this is my favorite set I've seen of her. I really like #2 and #7 the most, but all are really goodthumb.gif
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    Her 3/4 pose is much more flattering than her flat on. The first picture, something about it makes her head look unusually large compared to the rest of her body. I think part of it is distortion at a wide angle, because when you back up the pictures improve.
    edited January 16, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Her 3/4 pose is much more flattering than her flat on. The first picture, something about it makes her head look unusually large compared to the rest of her body. I think part of it is distortion at a wide angle, because when you back up the pictures improve.
    i think you're right about the 3/4 pose, it does look better.

i think it's funny that you said "when you back up the pictures improve" because i love to get up really close more than using a long lens from farther away. i think i probably get too close and too wide, but i'll work on it.

btw, can anyone tell the difference in quality between shots with tamron 28-75 f2.8 and the canon 70-200 f2.8L, or between my 20d and my digital rebel?