Options

Chatsworth House, Derbyshire, UK

FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited December 22, 2016 in Landscapes

I spent three mornings in a row hoping for a sunrise on the Chatsworth Estate. The first two mornings after promising starts, the fog dropped over the river and I could hardly see the trees in front of me. The third morning was much clearer but I only managed a hint of colour in the sky, no red sunrise though.

Comments

• Options
    TMcEwenTMcEwen Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins

Very Nice. Love the colors.

- Thomas McEwen - (Nashville, TN)
    http://www.tmcewenphotography.com/
  • Options

Thanks Thomas, really appreciated.

• Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins

One of the best landscape shots I have seen in a long time. Great composition and lighting.

Cheers, Richard.

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator

Love the comp. The colors look too fantastical to believe, though.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    james18james18 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins

Wow its looking like a painting, such a beautiful capture.

PathEdits.com - Product Photo Editing

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Stunning! Brilliant!

• Options

Thank you for all the kind words, really appreciated.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2016

@FiestaRed said:
    Thank you for all the kind words, really appreciated.

I, too, like the shot. It's a little more processed than I usually prefer but the end result is quite striking and appealing. If you care to comment, I like to hear something about the lighting in this image. The emerging sun and its ambient light is flowing toward the camera.The close foreground, however, indicates light emanating from the opposite direction. Was this something you affected in PP work or did you employ on-site lighting equipment.?
    Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Hello Tom, thanks for the comments.
    As you say it is a little over processed but that's the kind of style I seem to have adopted. The foreground lighting on the reeds again was me being a little heavy handed with the Dodging brush, lightening them seemed to lift that area. For me, it's quite easy to get a bit over active with some controls in PP, then, when you see the image again a few days later, these areas are easy to spot. Perhaps it would help if I finished an image and stored it away for a few weeks then came back to it, but when you've been out somewhere it's always nice to get the image on the screen.

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

"Love the comp. The colors look too fantastical to believe, though." That was my reaction as well.