In the Rut

roaddog52roaddog52 Major grinsIn the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 877Registered Users Major grins

I was watching this big bull elk with a herd of 15-18 cows. Another large bull came out of the trees about 400 yards away and on the other side of the Madison River. This guy proceeded to thrash the ground, roll around then get back up and bugle.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 6,656Registered Users Major grins

Super Phil! Love the behavioral shot! I saw couple doing friendly joust but nothing for real! I love the bg and light too!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 877Registered Users Major grins

Thanks Taz, appreciate the comment.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • TonyVanSchoorTonyVanSchoor United States of AmericaPosts: 8Registered Users Beginner grinner
    Great photos! "Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity" This is Great! So Very True!
  • Jørgen_BjerringJørgen_Bjerring Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 1,923Registered Users Many Grins

Great captures with fine bokeh.

Jørgen Bjerring
    Photos: https://jb-photos.smugmug.com/
    The one who takes a joke only for a joke and seriousness only seriously he and she have got both badly. Grook by Piet Hein in my poor translation.