Options

Can my images be Downloaded from my website?

FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited January 3, 2017 in SmugMug Support

When I sign out of my website and view it as a visitor, it looks as though images can be downloaded or shared. Can anyone please advise what I'm doing wrong?

If I go into a menu item on my website and look at the images, then click on them to view in the Lightbox I see options at the bottom right of the page to Share and Download, not sure what settings I have wrong. www.mikeswainwildlife.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,923 moderator

Go to Gallery Settings and select Photo Protection in the left sidebar. Turn Download Buttons off. You will still see them when you are logged in as owner, but guests will not.

• Options

Thanks for the help Richard, much appreciated.

The Download buttons were turned off when I checked them but going into the settings must have done something as I can't see the Download button on the site now. I can still see the Share button though giving me three options, Photo, Gallery and Social and I'm not sure what that means.

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator

That allows your viewers to share your images outside of your site. If you don't want to allow that go into gallery settings and in the SOCIAL section change "Show sharing options" to Off.

If you have a lot of galleries to change you can use bulk gallery settings to change multiple galleries at once. If you haven't done this before, see http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1240194-how-do-i-change-settings-for-multiple-galleries-at-once-.

• Options

Denise, Richard, thank you both so much for all the help. really appreciated.

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

When you are "logged in" the download button under each photo shows for you. If you have it toggle off in settings,
    visitors (log off viewers) will not.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

Hopefully this is obvious but in case not -- turning off download does not keep people from downloading the images at the resolution displayed on the screen (even if right click protection is turned on).

• Options

Thanks for all the help, really appreciated.