Options

Batteries

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited September 9, 2004 in Accessories
I just received my order for two of these Canon BP 511 replacement batteries. I've yet to try them, and will let you all know how they do.
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2004
    DavidTO wrote:
    I just received my order for two of these Canon BP 511 replacement batteries. I've yet to try them, and will let you all know how they do.
    Wow.. I paid like $50 for mine...
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 9, 2004
    I've been using a "generic" brand backup battery from about day 3 of owning my Drebel. They work fine, and I paid less than $20. From other experience, I was weary at first, but it seems that the BP-511 is so common (to so many other canon products) that it must be easy to copy? In any case, my generic and canon brand run neck and neck.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2004
    Anyone know if the 300d has a battery meter? And more importantly, does the battery meter work with these generic batteries?

Also, if you do have a generic battery, can you share with us where you bought it at?
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2004
    Anyone know if the 300d has a battery meter? And more importantly, does the battery meter work with these generic batteries?

Also, if you do have a generic battery, can you share with us where you bought it at?
    I have two generic batteries that I bought in feb for the 300d. I looked the site up the other night, it is sterlingtek I don't know if batteries is part of the name, I would doubt it. I just scribbled the info down, probably put batteries so I would remember.

The info is on aol, and I can't access it right now.

Try googling Sterlingtek

The batteries have worked fine for me. They are around $12.00 a piece.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I have two generic batteries that I bought in feb for the 300d. I looked the site up the other night, it is sterlingtek I don't know if batteries is part of the name, I would doubt it. I just scribbled the info down, probably put batteries so I would remember.

The info is on aol, and I can't access it right now.

Try googling Sterlingtek

The batteries have worked fine for me. They are around $12.00 a piece.

ginger

That's where the link in my original post will take you, to SterlingTek and their $12 replacement batteries.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops