Options

Cape Cod

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited September 9, 2004 in Wildlife
A couple of shots from Cape Cod last weekend, comments/advice always welcome.

8308409-L.jpg

8308411-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2004
    I think I would have cropped a bit lower on the first one, the horizon is very close to the middle and the sky doesnt add much.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2004
    I would have cropped the second a bit differently as well but I dont feel as strongly about it.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited September 9, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    I would have cropped the second a bit differently as well but I dont feel as strongly about it.
    I agree also Greaper, the girl's reflection is where it is at for me1drink.gif Great shots both of them.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2004
    Thanks Greaper and Path. thumb.gif I'm not sure I can crop the second one much differently because of other people near her, but I'll look into other cropping for both of them. If I think of it I'll post the originals so you can see what there is to work with.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2004
    Looking at the first one again, the mast going out of the top of the frame kind of bugs me. Is that a no-no in general, or not a big deal?
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    ...I'm not sure I can crop the second one much differently because of other people near her, but I'll look into other cropping for both of them. If I think of it I'll post the originals so you can see what there is to work with.
    11doh.gif I'm a dope! Greaper, I just noticed that you had already re-cropped the shot of the girl!!! When I opened the thread I had it go to the newest post, so I didn't have to scroll by the original I posted and I thought you just quoted my original. Yikes, I'm clueless today.

I think your crop makes the photo much stronger. Thanks! Some of the things I thought I had learned about photography recently obviously aren't second nature to me yet.
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Looking at the first one again, the mast going out of the top of the frame kind of bugs me. Is that a no-no in general, or not a big deal?

Not a big deal (IMHO) at all.. Like both of them by the way!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2004
    I often wonder about cutting off boat masts, too. I really like your shot, and the mast doesn't bother me. Maybe it is where it is in the photo.

I love the little girl fishing, with the big reflection. Good eye to catch that.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.