Kirsten

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited January 23, 2006 in People
I had a photoshoot yesterday with model who is represented by Specs in Montreal.

The shoot went really well. Kirsten is 16 and doing really well with her "career." I was the one who booked her, so I was pleased we could get together. We did 5 looks total, but I haven't gotten anywhere near to finishing editing the photos. As I was going through, this is one picture that stood out.

kfair3-vi.jpg

I hope you like it as much as I do. More to come.

Comments

• binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    i like it, but it's a little far away and the bright spot below her boot is distracting. you know i'd love to see more.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    Here is another that might be suited more to your tastes..

kfair4-vi.jpg
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    She's beautiful Owen...and a nice setting. Well done.

Erich
    edited January 16, 2006
    ah, that second one is fabulous. i'm liking the colors, and i really like the shadows and detail in the dress. she is very attractive, would love to see a closeup if you have any.

i've said it before and i'll say it again: i do not like wierd hats. i know it's the "fashion" but i still think they look completely ridiculous.

good work.
    edited January 17, 2006
    9.jpg9a.jpg
    11.jpg11a.jpg
    7.jpg7a.jpg
    edited January 17, 2006
    i love the top left shot, i love the colors, the light, the pose, the face, and even the interesting utility belt. i wish there wasn't a tail coming out from the belt on the left and i wish the axe on the right wasn't there - i find them distracting.

i like the middle left shot, but i wish the top of her head wasn't chopped off. i also dont really like the beads in her mouth or her expression in that one. maybe i just have a love for the color teal especially with white. (i do)

i really like the middle right shot, but the luggage on the bottom left seems so unnecessary and out of place to me.

what lighting or reflectors are you using in these?
    edited January 17, 2006
    Most of the cropping is to fit the ratio on my site (which is dumb, in hind sight). The whole axe is in the full picture and it fits into the wood chopping story. You're on a bit of a distraction tute. :P

Top shots - 1 softbox
    Middle shots - 1 softbox
    Bottom shots - umbrella
    edited January 17, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    You're on a bit of a distraction tute. :P

i thought you might say something like that. you're right, but i find comments about distractions in my work to be some of the most useful comments i receive. that way, i'm looking out for it the next time i do it. ya dig?
    edited January 17, 2006
    Of course I do, and I appreciate it when you say things like that.

But sometimes they're not distractions, they're just props or additions to the picture. The luggage is a bit abstract but it fits into the "story" we were working on. In that location, not so much. I have some similar pictures without the luggage.
    edited January 17, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Of course I do, and I appreciate it when you say things like that.

But sometimes they're not distractions, they're just props or additions to the picture. The luggage is a bit abstract but it fits into the "story" we were working on. In that location, not so much. I have some similar pictures without the luggage.

the luggage wouldn't be that much of a distraction if it wasnt cut off.
    edited January 17, 2006
    kfair5-vi.jpg
    edited January 17, 2006
    ok, now it's not really distracting, but i still think it's silly. very nice.
  • stephcha@nmsu.edustephcha@nmsu.edu Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    i just ran across this post... and then i looked at your website.... Simply awesome images

steve
    edited January 22, 2006
    Thanks!

Welcome to DGrin, Steve!
  • Whirly1128Whirly1128 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    She's only 16??
    I love the top left! clap.gif
    The gloves and belt really add the extra touch. The pose is great too.

I also like the bottom left. It makes me wonder what she is thinking or looking at. I like the way the dress shifts across her legs.

Oh, and I like the luggage in the shot. It draws my eye back in/balances the blue dress.
    -Jamie