Options

Google Domains path forwarding

terkoterko Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
I have my domain registered with Google Domains and have followed the Smugmug instructions to configure: terrykoyama.com and www.terrykoyama.com. What I can't figure out is how to forward the path after the domain. For example, terrykoyama.com/About to www.terrykoyama.com/About. Has anyone got this to work in Google Domains?

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins

In general you have to forward a root domain to the www in the forwarding section of your domain host's control panel.
    Google domains does not have a forwarding section so you have to add a synthetic record. http://smu.gs/1Drrwus
    If that doesn't work you'll have to contact Google Domains.

Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    terkoterko Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    That's exactly what I've been looking for and it looks promising! Just waiting for DNS to update for confirmation. Google seems to have their DNS page configured differently than most other registrars so that root domain synthetic record forward is what I was missing. Thanks, @mrneutron!

> @mrneutron said:
    > In general you have to forward a root domain to the www in the forwarding section of your domain host's control panel.
    > Google domains does not have a forwarding section so you have to add a synthetic record.
    > If that doesn't work you'll have to contact Google Domains.