Options

Sacramento River in the fog

junglejimjunglejim Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins

taken today at or near the Sacramento river in the deepest fog in several years here. Conversion was done in Luminar which I am trying out.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

1 is special!!

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 15, 2017

Number 1 and 3 are your strongest compositions. Not sure if you cropped these down but a wider angle lens would have made a difference in the tree shots. More of the reflections of trees and maybe a little breathing room at the top to indicate the foggyness of the day. I like the black and white contrast and softness in the images.

• Options

Thanks for the comments. Below the bottom crop line is the bank and I tried to keep land out of it. More at the top could have been done. One of the problems is they were surrounded by other groups of trees and was trying to isolate them. I guess everyone has reasons or excuses for what they did or saw My favorite was #1 for sure.

• Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

I like 1 especially and 3 but wish the tree reflections was not clipped -- too bad about the elements. A terrific set.

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Very nice series...

Rags
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

@JAG said:
    Number 1 and 3 are your strongest compositions. Not sure if you cropped these down but a wider angle lens would have made a difference in the tree shots. More of the reflections of trees and maybe a little breathing room at the top to indicate the foggyness of the day. I like the black and white contrast and softness in the images.

I agree with JAS's comments. My favorite is #4, I like the curved branch a lot.

• Options

Some of the critiques were determined by the fact that just below the bottom the bank intrudes. I wanted to get the trees isolated in the water. The cropping at top was done in camera so I am stuck there. I appreciate the comments.