Options

Navigation Bar Background Shadow

MickMJMMickMJM Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
Hello
I’m trying to create a dark background behind the Nav Bar text so that the text is always visible, regardless of the colour or brightness of the full screen slide being played.
Thanks
Mick
UK

Comments

• Options
    TheMaxxTheMaxx Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins

Hi Mick,

If you are a Power plan subscriber or higher, a dark background can be created by navigating to Customize > Customize Site > Theme > Active Theme > Wrench icon.

With the Theme Settings menu open, go to Advanced tab > Site Section Colors > Header and click on the Eyedropper icon to choose a color. Refer to this screenshot - http://take.ms/Dg2xE

Adjust the opacity with the Header Opacity slider.

Reach out to us directly via e-mail – help@smugmug.com – if you need further assistance with this. We'll be happy to take a closer look at your account.

_Chadd
    SmugMug Support Hero

Help Center - http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    Many thanks for the speedy response. Guidance noted. I'll get on the case and report back. Regards Mick
  • Options
    OK...I followed the guidance and obtained look I was after. However, the navigation shadow block is the full length of the screen. I obviously only want it to be the depth of the items on my navigation panel. I tried turning the "Full Height" setting to "off" under Layout, which gave the desired effect but then the "Powered By Smugmug" appeared in the middle of my home page. BTW I am at marrison dot smugmug dot com
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Regards

Mick
  • Options
    BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins

Hi Mick,

Could you please send us a link to your site, so we can have a look?

Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net