Options

Changing gallery setting from the IOS Smug Mug App

Kevin PaulKevin Paul Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins

Is it possible to change gallery settings in the app from my phone?

Say for example a client pays me for all of the digital files, but I am AFK. Can I go into the app and select to turn on the download buttons for them? I can not see a way to do this?

Using iphone 7.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

Currently you cannot access Gallery Settings from the iOS app, though you can access some basic Gallery Settings from our Android app and from the mobile web (Safari, on your iPhone). You can change the name and description, as well as the Visibility and Access settings of a gallery. I'm looking for feedback on what other most common settings customers would like to be able to edit. Are there any others besides Download Buttons that you could see yourself wanting to change while on the road?

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    Kevin PaulKevin Paul Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins

@leftquark said:
    Currently you cannot access Gallery Settings from the iOS app, though you can access some basic Gallery Settings from our Android app and from the mobile web (Safari, on your iPhone). You can change the name and description, as well as the Visibility and Access settings of a gallery. I'm looking for feedback on what other most common settings customers would like to be able to edit. Are there any others besides Download Buttons that you could see yourself wanting to change while on the road?

Is this the coffee porter drinking internet sensation Leftquark? Thanks for the response!

Being able to allow downloads would be awesome. It is a feature I would use several times a week. I am actually at a Starbucks right now that I stopped into to get my laptop on WIFI so I could release images to a real estate agent who needs them today to list. My buddy who also uses you guys got a phone with a hot spot just to release files. I think it would really be a feature your customers would use frequently.

Changing the password would be cool. I get customers who call me and forgot their password all the time and sometimes they ask me to reset it to something new, or sometimes I have spelled the password wrong... (I use names)

Changing the view size would be great to, so I could set it at Original or for a special TV etc but not nearly as important for me as being able to turn on the download options for a gallery.

Other than that there is really nothing I do to my galleries after I upload them, and I always do that from a desktop.

If you could somehow get them to include download options that would be fantastic. The only other thing I think Smug mug itself is lacking is an easy blog interface. You'd think with how many photographers are addicted to blogging a site designed for photographers would have an easy blog option. It would really set Smug Mug apart from everyone else! I know it would be a huge thing for me.

Thanks for listening.

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

@Kevin Paul said:
    Is this the coffee porter drinking internet sensation Leftquark? Thanks for the response!

That is I! You can now connect the name to my face!

@Kevin Paul said:
    Being able to allow downloads would be awesome.
    Changing the password would be cool
    Changing the view size would be great too

From the Mobile Web (open Safari on your iPhone or iPad, login to your SM account and when you're browsing a gallery, there should be a gear icon in the top right) you should be able to change the Gallery Password.

Download Buttons and Max Display Size -- noted! Thanks for the feedback!

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations