Keywords?

PhilCorleyPhotoPhilCorleyPhoto Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins

Is it possible to have two sets of keywords; one for image and one for pages?

What I want to do, is to keyword my images and then allow the viewer to search just the galleries for images with certain keywords - e.g., limit the keyword system page just to images.

Then also, I want to be able to have pages with keywords (which become my blog) and on my blog index page, display a Keyword Cloud showing just the keywords used for my blog pages. This bit is easier (I think) as I can restrict the Keyword Cloud to the Blog folder which will pull all the blog tags in - assuming I can work out how to add keywords to a page!

Not sure how possible this is; so appreciate the help

Thanks

Phil

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    edited February 1, 2017

As far as I know keywords only apply to photos.

If you add a keyword cloud to a page you can limit the location the keywords are pulled from.

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

Hi Phil, I'm having some trouble understanding what your first question was. When you asked for "search just the galleries for images with certain keywords" -- that's how the keywords/search works right now. It searches for photos that match a specific keyword. Do you want it to return the photo? Or do you want it to return the gallery (since it has photos that match the keyword in it)?

Pages can have Keywords, but we don't display those in the Keyword cloud.

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • PhilCorleyPhotoPhilCorleyPhoto Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins

Sorry, yes - the keywords for images would return the images - as it does now

Ah, page keywords are not return to the keyword cloud :-( That stops me doing what I was thinking; shame. Any chance of the feature being added to have an option on the keyword cloud to return Image Keywords only; Page Keywords only; or All ?