Ideas so far - any suggestions

vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited January 16, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
HI

The weather here has been awful - grey, overcast & miserable, not good photography weather at all so its been difficult to get anythign decent. No romantic pics of ballons floating in clear blue skies :(: or stuff like that. My finepix S602 really struggles in low light conditions & has difficulty writing fast enough to be able to get faster action shots etc.

Here's a few ideas that I've managed to scratch together, & would like some comments as to viability etc.

52611320-M.jpg

52611325-M.jpg

52611325-M.jpg

52611338-M.jpg

I know this one is a bit dull etc. I'm hoping to work on a bit in ps if people think its a goer

Thanks
Nicola
Nicola
Iconic Creative
http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
Raghu Rai

Comments

• queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    Nicola,

I really like the second one best, for no discernible reason save it calls to me more than the others. I think perhaps it's the colors on the air bubbles and the reflection on the bottom of the glass.

The juggler's pretty neat, also -- you've managed to capture the motion fairly clearly (at least, more so than I've ever managed) -- but you are right when you say it's a bit dull. Maybe try a few things in PS to see if anything really pops out about it.

--Al
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    i like the 2nd one too. however is there anyway you could go back and reshoot it? you kinda chopped off the bubbles on the right, and part of the glass on the left. or maybe i'm just being nit-pickyne_nau.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    I agree with Daniel! However, I must say that I laughed out loud when I saw the bubbles.

Cool!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    i like the 2nd one too. however is there anyway you could go back and reshoot it? you kinda chopped off the bubbles on the right, and part of the glass on the left. or maybe i'm just being nit-pickyne_nau.gif
    I've got the original pic! I deliberately cropped it closed as I thought hte background was distracting & also made it more graphic.

Here's a recropped version

52636645-M.jpg

Also forgot to post a differnt variant on the bubble theme

52611332-M.jpg

Nicola
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    I have to agree with the rest of the crowd. The second picture has more of a spark to it. I wonder what it would look like in a B&W or Sepia tone. Not sure if that would add or take away from the pic.

Regardless, nice job. thumb.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    Definitely the recropped version of photo #2! thumb.gif

Virginia

Email
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 16, 2006
    Maybe just soap bubbles themselves?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin