Options

Subdivision of galleries

Ian HIan H Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins

I thought it might be useful to be able to subdivide galleries therefore offering more control over how our images are displayed.

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins

You should achieve the same thing by having a folder that contains galleries set up as you wish.
    That would give you control over how images are displayed ... unless I am mis-understanding what you want to do.

My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    Ian HIan H Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins

Yes but then the folder just contains the single display image from each gallery ?

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

I'm confused on what you're asking for. How would you divide the galleries? And what do you mean by "single display image from each gallery"?

Here's an example of what Ace is describing:
    I have a folder called "Ian's Wedding". Inside it, there are galleries for:

• Getting Ready
    • Details
    • Family
    • The Couple
    • The Ceremony
    • The Reception

Each gallery could have hundreds of photos but they're all organized into the folder "Ian's Wedding".

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins

@Ian H said:
    Yes but then the folder just contains the single display image from each gallery ?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this.
    Perhaps you could give an example of exactly what you want visitors to see in relation to your query?

My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com