Options

Heart Rock

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

During my thanksgiving jaunt to Maui, I found this "Heart Rock", the first shot below.
I had myself setup, with towel over lens, tripod and everything, looked pretty serious, and trying the to time the waves.
This cute young couple quietly and politely waited behind me.
I thought, they would ask to get in and that would have been just fine with me, but instead they decided to leave and I had to shout at them to get their attention and ask if they wanted to get in on the rock.
They of course wanted to.
I stole couple of shots, and then showed them and asked if they wanted to pose. They did!
I emailed them once I got back.
I also share last one, just because it looks like "Ocean's Heart", so consistent with my "Valentine's Day" theme.
Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

That is one beautiful heart rock! What a great find! Happy Valentines day! Really like your last image.

• Options

Thanks kindly Joyce! Happy Valentine's day to you as well! Cheers!

• Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

Apparently love was in the air. I <3 the b/w shot. The splash behind is a perfect touch. No expert but I might have brought the shadows up (foreground) - still this is great! I can imagine the young couple were thrilled to receive the photos. I am sure they are going to make huge prints. Really enjoyed the pastel colors in the last and yes the circle of Whitewater definitely makes the heart !

• Options

Thanks Anna Maria! My day is made! I have grappled with the shadows in foreground and now I know I should lift them some.....
    Have a wonderful weekend!

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

What a great and heartily story :) . The first photo is great, but I favor the last one. You painted that very well. The colors, light, lines and bokeh are outstanding. PS: If nature on its own has made that heart in the rock nature is more crafty, than I thought :o

• Options

Thanks so much Jorgen! Nature doesn't want to be outdone by humans! :smile: