Options

Links on page still point to xxx.smugmug.com

shobleyshobley Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited January 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a gallery site to sell my work. It's important that clients do not discover I'm using smugmug as they can will be able to find my cost price.

So far I've got my own domain pointing to the smugmug site, but all the links on the page are pointing back to the regular xxxxxx.smugmug.com - a bit of a giveaway.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    shobley wrote:
    Hi,

I'm trying to set up a gallery site to sell my work. It's important that clients do not discover I'm using smugmug as they can will be able to find my cost price.

So far I've got my own domain pointing to the smugmug site, but all the links on the page are pointing back to the regular xxxxxx.smugmug.com - a bit of a giveaway.

Thanks,

Hi, in order for me to help you, I'll need to know your sitename on SmugMug please, and your custom domain. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    shobley wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks,

You must have SOMETHING in your header and footer sections in order for the buttons, hide smugmug header, hide smugmug footer to actually work. I've put <div></div> in both your header and footer for you, so that you can see how it works.

Now you can begin customizing!
    http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    You must have SOMETHING in your header and footer sections in order for the buttons, hide smugmug header, hide smugmug footer to actually work. I've put <div></div> in both your header and footer for you, so that you can see how it works.

Now you can begin customizing!
    http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Thanks Andy - That helps a lot, but I'm still seeing www.smugmug.com links as I navigate around the gallery.

Can the references to smugmug be removed completely, or am I always going to get back there eventually?

Steve
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    shobley wrote:
    Thanks Andy - That helps a lot, but I'm still seeing www.smugmug.com links as I navigate around the gallery.

Can the references to smugmug be removed completely, or am I always going to get back there eventually?

Steve

I've just looked at the Mike Lane Photography site and he seems to be able to do it - so it must be possible somehow1drink.gif

Steve
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    shobley wrote:
    I've just looked at the Mike Lane Photography site and he seems to be able to do it - so it must be possible somehow1drink.gif

Steve
    You cannot remove the SmugMug minifooter. Mike's site is no exception :D
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    shobley wrote:

Steve

I looked at your site Steve

It's becuase in gallery tools>customize gallery you have Hide Owner = YES - be sure to turn that to NO always :)

I've set it for you for the one gallery on your site.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I looked at your site Steve

It's becuase in gallery tools>customize gallery you have Hide Owner = YES - be sure to turn that to NO always :)

I've set it for you for the one gallery on your site.

OK I think I'm almost there, I just have a few questions:

1) I've lost the "buy" buttons - how do I switch them back on?
    2) I've put the whole gallery into a white <td> between my header and footer, but I want the breadcrumb part to be in a black <td> is there a way to do this?

Finally, when customers order prints - will they be shipped with smugmug all over the packaging?

Steve
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    shobley wrote:
    OK I think I'm almost there, I just have a few questions:

1) I've lost the "buy" buttons - how do I switch them back on?

Gallery Tools>Customize Gallery>Printable? YES
    shobley wrote:
    2) I've put the whole gallery into a white <td> between my header and footer, but I want the breadcrumb part to be in a black <td> is there a way to do this?

#breadcrumb .nav {color: black;}

I put it in your Customization for you.
    shobley wrote:
    Finally, when customers order prints - will they be shipped with smugmug all over the packaging?

The packaging says on the shipping label:

SmugMug
    Address
    Etc

Inside, with their prints there's a card thanking them for ordering, and directing them to email help@smugmug.com if they have any questions whatsoever.

I hope this helps :D
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    #breadcrumb .nav {color: black;}

that will only turn part of the text black

if you want the whole bar to be black, use:

#breadcrumb {background-color: #000;}
    Pedal faster