Options

Making private a formerly public gallery

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited January 16, 2006 in SmugMug Support
If I make a gallery public, then give out the link to it, then later I make it private, will that link still access it? If so, is there a way around this?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    If I make a gallery public, then give out the link to it, then later I make it private, will that link still access it? If so, is there a way around this?

Hi Richard,

The links are forever until you break them, but killing the gallery. So, someone with that URL will still find that gallery after you make it private. You can add a password, if you want, or create a new gallery (which will have a new URL).

I hope this helps,
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    It does actually. Another question about private galleries. Is there a way to make it so that a person can see a whole bunch of private galleries? Here's what I mean. I have a bunch of private galleries, I then put these private galleries (and only these private galleries) into a subcategory. Is there a way to make it so that I can then link a person to that subcategory and they can see all of the private galleries? Or at least something to that effect?
    Thanks,
    Richard
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    It does actually. Another question about private galleries. Is there a way to make it so that a person can see a whole bunch of private galleries? Here's what I mean. I have a bunch of private galleries, I then put these private galleries (and only these private galleries) into a subcategory. Is there a way to make it so that I can then link a person to that subcategory and they can see all of the private galleries? Or at least something to that effect?
    Thanks,
    Richard

Sharegroups to the rescue:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/share-groups
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    To the rescue indeed. Worked splendidly. Thanks.
    Richard