Options

Inserting images into discussions

paradigmblueparadigmblue Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
Hi guys,

Very new here and already I have a question...

How do I insert images into a discussions? I have checked out a few discussions and they say to use the menu to insert images - but all I have is a drop down for smiley faces.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,179 moderator
    edited February 20, 2017

You need some more posts here to be able to do that. Just keep posting stuff here and there. Won't be long.

Please read the "Help for Newbie" thread next to this one and there's more of an explanation from Richard.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    paradigmblueparadigmblue Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    Thanks Dave.
  • Options
    jkcothronjkcothron Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    incidentally, while I know I can't use an image in a post yet, I am assuming we can use images from our Smugmug account or do they have to be uploaded separately? Anyone know?

John Cothron
    Galleries: Smugmug|500px|Flickr

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,910 moderator

Yes, once you can post links, you can embed your SmugMug images or images hosted elsewhere, as long as the host site allows external links.

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator

@jkcothron said:
    incidentally, while I know I can't use an image in a post yet, I am assuming we can use images from our Smugmug account or do they have to be uploaded separately? Anyone know?

You can be used directly from you smugmug account. You will need to use share on your smug site to pull the url.

• Options
    jkcothronjkcothron Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    > @denisegoldberg said:
    >
    > You can be used directly from you smugmug account. You will need to use share on your smug site to pull the url.

Thank you!

John Cothron
    Galleries: Smugmug|500px|Flickr