Options

Share my gallery with link on facebook

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins

Dear all,
I have created a wedding album gallery and I want to share the link over facebook so my "friends" can see the album design. I am copy pasting the link of my gallery but

1. the image shown from facebook is not the first of my gallery
  2. some string in the title appear that I have not included in the design of the page.

How facebook decides what elements to pick from my gallery?
I would like to thank you for your help
Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2017

Before copying link, go to 2nd photo then back to the first. It should then include a photo code at the end of the link. i.e /i-xxxxxxx
    Go to customize at top and into gallery settings. Add some text in the Description and see if that now shows in FB.

Actually by copy and paste of link, after it generates in FB you should be able to edit the text there.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins

Thanks for the reply :)
    I am not sure what should I do :)
    Regards
    Alex
    Can I send you as pm the library to have a look?

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins

In any gallery, I use Smugmug style, I go to the photo in the gallery I want to show on FB and copy the link in the browser. I paste that into a FB message and wait a few seconds for it to generate the gallery. Collage type gallery don't work because the photo link does not show in the browser link.

After the gallery generates I delete the link and add some text.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi Alex,
    In case you still have an issue and don't want to share the link here, it's best if you contact us on our HelpDesk with the link. Without the specific link it'll be difficult to see what you see to be able to assist you further.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero