Options

Full screen home page with carousel

markaphotomarkaphoto Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
On my home page under my header I want to add an almost full screen carousel that shows only 1 image at a time whether arrow clicked or slideshow on its own. The template I am using has the middle section where everything on my home page resides, and a left and right side which I can enable. Is there a way to modify the widths of the three sections without totally screwing up a phone or tablet display?

Comments

• Options
    markaphotomarkaphoto Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    Actually, when I turn on the left and right sidebars, it cuts the space out of the 600px center section. That's upsetting. If that is the case I can change the 600px setting to something much bigger, but how do I know how wide I can set it before some user ends up having to scroll left or right to see everything? And, the mobile view is still a concern.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi there,
    To my knowledge (without the use of css), the carousel content block is by design always displaying more than one photo at a time. If there's css to change that I can't say.
    If you only wish to display one photo at a time, you could use a slideshow content block instead.

Sidebars are generally no intended to arrange other content on a page. They're meant to allow you to add content on the sides that spans the entire page vertically. Whenever I've seen someone trying to use sidebars to arrange or position their other page content, it always created some sort of problems and I'd advise against it.

To allow the customization helpers here to see what you're trying to do, perhaps you could set up a custom page and customize it to what you'd like your homepage to look like? Then include a link to the page. That way, others could take look and offer suggestions to any questions / problems you may have.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero