Product Releases: February 2017
February has been a busy month for us with a few exciting projects that we're excited to release:
- Folder Uploading! You can now select a folder on your computer to upload and we'll automatically create galleries with photos in them based on the structure on your computer. More details below
- Some emails got a little love, including the
Gallery Download is Ready and
Order Confirmation emails
- When creating a Watermark or Printmark, "Text" is now the default option. Previously we defaulted to an image you uploaded.
- Removed the "View Completed Files" link after an upload since it confused many customers.
- Increased the # of characters of a folder or gallery URL to 60 (previously was ~30)
- Made sure the guest upload URL included
https when appropriate
- Minor updates to the Apple TV app
- Minor updates to the iOS app
- If you select a Folder to upload, we'll go through its contents and automatically create galleries for any sub-folders we find within it.
- If the folder you select on your computer has Folders AND photos, we'll create a gallery to put the photos in. Folders on SmugMug cannot contain photos.
- Currently we do not do any merging: if the Folder name already exists, an error will be returned. For example: if you put all your photos from the year in a "Photos 2017" folder, you cannot upload it over and over, with SmugMug only adding the new items.
- Made some updates to the
Upload menu in the SmugMug header and
Create button in the Organizer.
- Made some updates to the Uploader to give you additional context when uploading a folder.
- This feature is supported by Chrome and Firefox. Safari and IE currently are not supported.
aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations