Dgrin Meetups - Oz, Tas, Antarctica, South Pacific, Asia

AndyAndy BicameralNew YorkPosts: 50,151Registered Users Major grins
edited October 26, 2006 in The Big Picture
G'day mate! And don't forget your Vegemite Sangas when you take a break from shooting in the arvo! :deal

Comments

  • rahmonsterrahmonster Bubbly Think Tank Posts: 1,376Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    I'd love to meet up with some fellow aussies. Obviously we are very very spread out but maybe we can arrange somethingne_nau.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

    Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • wxwaxwxwax Immoderator Posts: 15,471Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    I'll be at Casey Station on February 14th, around 4pm local time. Anyone want to meet up?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • wxwaxwxwax Immoderator Posts: 15,471Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Bubbly Think Tank Posts: 1,376Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    rolleyes1.gifSuuurrrrrrre...Just a stones throw awayrolleyes1.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

    Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • ed_hed_h Major grins Posts: 191Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 20, 2006
    rahmonster wrote:
    I'd love to meet up with some fellow aussies. Obviously we are very very spread out but maybe we can arrange somethingne_nau.gif

    have a look at my location, not quite right, I'm closer to the mine at Greenbushes. We're on the narrow neck of land where the Blackwood river loops around
    ed
    A dog is for life, not just Christmas
    http://www.dogshome.org.au/
  • gusgus Major grins Posts: 16,209Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 20, 2006
    .
  • TassieDTassieD Major grins Posts: 711Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 12, 2006
    South Australian Get together!!
    I will be in Adelaide from the 22nd march 06 till the 28th march 06 (23-26 at the clipsal 500 Race). Monday the 27th March Aussie Bluey has offered to show me around the Adelaide zoo (havnt been there for near on 25 Years). So are there any other local dgrinners would like to have a day shooting at the zoo ?
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • KennyKenny Major grins Posts: 119Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    I'll be in that... maybe
    TassieD wrote:
    ... Monday the 27th March Aussie Bluey has offered to show me around the Adelaide zoo ... So are there any other local dgrinners would like to have a day shooting at the zoo ?

    Hi there... this is my first post clap.gif I've been lurking around these parts for a while now, trying to learn a few things, but couldn't resist the opportunity to get together with other's here in Adelaide :D

    I'm a shift worker, so will have to work out my roster, but I *think* I should be okay for that day... I won't know until a little closer to the date though. If I can be there, I certainly will be thumb.gif

    Ken
  • TassieDTassieD Major grins Posts: 711Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    Kenny wrote:
    Hi there... this is my first post clap.gif I've been lurking around these parts for a while now, trying to learn a few things, but couldn't resist the opportunity to get together with other's here in Adelaide :D

    I'm a shift worker, so will have to work out my roster, but I *think* I should be okay for that day... I won't know until a little closer to the date though. If I can be there, I certainly will be thumb.gif

    Ken

    Hi there Ken,

    Cool, look forward to seeing you there if your roster alows. I am currently living in Hobart, but am originally from Adelaide.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • KennyKenny Major grins Posts: 119Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    TassieD wrote:
    Hi there Ken,

    Cool, look forward to seeing you there if your roster alows. I am currently living in Hobart, but am originally from Adelaide.

    Hi David... I should be okay for that day, but it's hard to tell sometimes with my job... I too am looking forward to it. Good to see someone from Adelaide on the board, even if you have moved to the Apple Isle... :):

    Cheers,
    Ken
  • BrianLowtherBrianLowther Major grins Posts: 110Registered Users Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    Anyone in Hong Kong?
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they dislike: it was a wise man, and it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed"
    - W. Somerset Maugham
  • TassieDTassieD Major grins Posts: 711Registered Users Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    One week out
    from the Adelaide get together. So far the plan is to meet at the Botanical Garden Entrance to the Adelaide zoo. So if your in the area and have the day off work come along and join the group (so far three of us).

    On a side note, I will be at the Clipsal 500 supercar event for the four days prior to the zoo shoot, so if anybody else is attending drop me a line.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • KennyKenny Major grins Posts: 119Registered Users Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    Had all my fingers and toes crossed, but... my day off on Monday just got cancelled! :-(

    Sorry I won't be able to make it. I was looking forward to meeting up and getting some cool zoo pics... I really wanted to get in to see the gorillas that are here on loan... ah well, another time.

    Cheers,
    Kenny

    TassieD wrote:
    from the Adelaide get together. So far the plan is to meet at the Botanical Garden Entrance to the Adelaide zoo. So if your in the area and have the day off work come along and join the group (so far three of us).

    On a side note, I will be at the Clipsal 500 supercar event for the four days prior to the zoo shoot, so if anybody else is attending drop me a line.
  • TassieDTassieD Major grins Posts: 711Registered Users Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Kenny wrote:
    Had all my fingers and toes crossed, but... my day off on Monday just got cancelled! :-(

    Sorry I won't be able to make it. I was looking forward to meeting up and getting some cool zoo pics... I really wanted to get in to see the gorillas that are here on loan... ah well, another time.

    Cheers,
    Kenny

    Sorry to hear that Kenny, hopefully we'll get to catch up the next time i'm in the area.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • luckydogluckydog Pelican stalker Posts: 396Registered Users Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Hope you folks had a good weekend in Adelaide. The weather was fairly hot there so I hope you slapped on the sunscreen.

    On a side note, If anyone is ever passing through Sydney or thereabouts (i'm in Newcastle) I'd be keen to catch up.
    http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

    40D
    18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6
  • TassieDTassieD Major grins Posts: 711Registered Users Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    luckydog wrote:
    Hope you folks had a good weekend in Adelaide. The weather was fairly hot there so I hope you slapped on the sunscreen.

    On a side note, If anyone is ever passing through Sydney or thereabouts (i'm in Newcastle) I'd be keen to catch up.

    Hi there Luckydog,

    I will make sure of cantacting you the next time I am in Newcastle. Was a great weekend here in Adelaide. Plenty of sunscreen and water.

    Will post some photos when I am home again and have broadband.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • ESigginsESiggins Shutter Thug Posts: 185Registered Users Major grins
    edited September 23, 2006
    Melbourne
    This thread has been dead for a while, but I'm new so I'll try to start it up again:

    If there's anyone in Melbourne, drop me a line. I just went to the Show and it was great shooting, but my girlfriend was kinda bored..."hang on, honey, the flash wasn't quite right on that last one, be with you in a sec." So yeah. Photo friends are good to have.

    Gus, I'll be up in Brisbane for a couple of months starting at Christmas, love to have you show me around.

    Fred.
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com
  • fotodojofotodojo FotoNinja Posts: 231Registered Users Major grins
    edited September 23, 2006
    luckydog wrote:
    Hope you folks had a good weekend in Adelaide. The weather was fairly hot there so I hope you slapped on the sunscreen.

    On a side note, If anyone is ever passing through Sydney or thereabouts (i'm in Newcastle) I'd be keen to catch up.

    Hiya LuckyD,

    in the same spirit, I live in Sydney pretty darn close to Taronga Zoo so if anyone is planning a trip there give me a hoy. Of course you could try Star Bucks in Neutral Bay on the weekends and you'll see a Blown Out in progress =).

    --
    Jon
  • devbobodevbobo LR whisperer Melbourne, AUPosts: 4,335Registered Users, Retired Mod SmugMug Employee
    edited October 20, 2006
    Melbourne Dgrinners !!!
    Hey Guys,

    Skippy and I have been tossing around a few ideas for a shoot here in Melbourne somewhere.

    Skip mentioned that the Werribee Open Range Zoo has an Open Vehicle Adventure which allows you to get up close and personal with the animals...well more so than usual. :D

    The Open Vehicle Adventure runs for about 2 hours and costs $57, which includes morning tea and zoo admission. But it's limited to a maximum of 12 people.

    Is this the sort of things that interests you ? If so, post a reply here or PM me or skippy.

    Cheers,

    David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • DnaDna Evil Baby Grinner Posts: 435Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Skip mentioned that the Werribee Open Range Zoo has an Open Vehicle Adventure which allows you to get up close and personal with the animals...well more so than usual. :D
    The Open Vehicle Adventure runs for about 2 hours and costs $57, which includes morning tea and zoo admission. But it's limited to a maximum of 12 people.
    Yeah, I'm in.

    Dna
  • SkippySkippy Forensic Wannabe Posts: 12,075Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hey Guys,

    Skippy and I have been tossing around a few ideas for a shoot here in Melbourne somewhere.

    Skip mentioned that the Werribee Open Range Zoo has an Open Vehicle Adventure which allows you to get up close and personal with the animals...well more so than usual. :D

    The Open Vehicle Adventure runs for about 2 hours and costs $57, which includes morning tea and zoo admission. But it's limited to a maximum of 12 people.

    Is this the sort of things that interests you ? If so, post a reply here or PM me or skippy.

    Cheers,

    David

    The Zoo requires us to book in Advance, the numbers are strictly limited to 12 people only but the good thing is, they will still run the tour as long as 2 people book.

    The tour starts at 9.30am on Saturday or Sunday, there is also one at 2.30pm, however the 9.30am one gets moving One Full Hour before any of those tourist buses hit the track thumb.gif so this is the time frame we will be going for.

    Remember the $57 is your admission to the Werribee Open Plains Zoo, the 2hr Tour and morning or afternoon tea, all inclusive.
    The new Hippo enclosure is finished now and has been open for several weeks.

    This should be quite a fun adventure, so please let us know how many of you folks want to come along so we can book a day.

    ........ Skippy (Australia)
    .
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

    ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

    :skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • SkippySkippy Forensic Wannabe Posts: 12,075Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 21, 2006
    Dna wrote:
    Yeah, I'm in.

    Dna

    Cool we will keep this thread open for another week then see what happens from there okay :D we will definately be going as the group minimum only has to be 2 people ......... Skippy (Australia)
    .
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

    ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

    :skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ESigginsESiggins Shutter Thug Posts: 185Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    Yeah, I'd love to come, although the exact day matters as my upcoming weekends are filling up. Will anyone be driving from Melbourne? I'd chip in for petrol, of course.

    Fred.
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com
  • nokout3839nokout3839 Big grins Posts: 75Registered Users Big grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hey Guys,

    Skippy and I have been tossing around a few ideas for a shoot here in Melbourne somewhere.

    Skip mentioned that the Werribee Open Range Zoo has an Open Vehicle Adventure which allows you to get up close and personal with the animals...well more so than usual. :D

    The Open Vehicle Adventure runs for about 2 hours and costs $57, which includes morning tea and zoo admission. But it's limited to a maximum of 12 people.

    Is this the sort of things that interests you ? If so, post a reply here or PM me or skippy.

    Cheers,

    David
    Thanks for the offer but im no good until well into next year.
    Sorry, and thanks again for the offer.

    Cheers, Nigel

    All care but no responsibility

  • devbobodevbobo LR whisperer Melbourne, AUPosts: 4,335Registered Users, Retired Mod SmugMug Employee
    edited October 26, 2006
    ESiggins wrote:
    Yeah, I'd love to come, although the exact day matters as my upcoming weekends are filling up. Will anyone be driving from Melbourne? I'd chip in for petrol, of course.

    Fred.

    Fred,

    DNA and myself live in the Eastern Suburbs, so one of us should be able to give u a lift.

    Cheers,

    David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
Sign In or Register to comment.