Options

Gallery Cover Image not repeated

pcatherpcather Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited April 6, 2017 in SmugMug Support

I would like to choose a gallery cover image but not have it show up again below the gallery cover. Click here to see why I don't want it too. http://www.reflectetc.com/Other/Headshot-Galleries/Business-Headshots/

Also, is there a way to change the height of the gallery cover image?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,453 Major grins

I assume your talking about the cover shot and that first image being the same. You need to add that cover image to an unlisted gallery first. Then remove that first picture to that gallery with all of the other head shots.

• Options

Add this to your CSS:

.sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover {
        height: 300px !important;
        }

Edit the height to suit.

• Options

Thanks so much Hikin' Mike. Your info was very useful. I learned a couple of things along the way. I'll list them here just in case anyone reads this later.

1) If you use the CSS above it works but it also effects how the image responds to different screen sizes. I found it best to not use this CSS and go with the default.

2) When selecting the Gallery cover image it only allows you to select an image that is in the same gallery. I found that I could put the cover image in the gallery, select it as the cover image, and then move it another gallery. It continued to know which image it was to use even after moving it.

• Options

Thanks so much Hikin' Mike. Your info was very useful. I learned a couple of things along the way. I'll list them here just in case anyone reads this later.

1) If you use the CSS above it works but it also effects how the image responds to different screen sizes. I found it best to not use this CSS and go with the default.

2) When selecting the Gallery cover image it only allows you to select an image that is in the same gallery. I found that I could put the cover image in the gallery, select it as the cover image, and then move it another gallery. It continued to know which image it was to use even after moving it.

• Options

Glad it worked out. I don't use gallery covers so I just assumed it worked the same as using Folder/Page cover images.

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

@pcather said: Thanks so much Hikin' Mike. ... I learned a couple of things ...

Thanks to both of you (@pcather and @Hikin' Mike). I use cover images at least some of the time and didn't realize it worked that way. Useful trick.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options